Google Voice

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
Groundhound
Re: Google Voice

Post by Groundhound » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:02 am

I wouldn't get too upset at this point - Ooma has not said that GVE will not be developed for Hub Premier, just that because of the different code base it was developed for the Telo first and a decision has not yet been made for the Hub. My speculation about why that decision was not yet made was just that, speculation. The original announcement was made before GVE was developed, and there may have been some technical issues that subsequently cropped up that made release to both platforms more than a marketing decision. The operative word there is "may".

BlueHeeler

Post by BlueHeeler » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:37 am

Thanks. We'll wait patiently for more info.

crpeck

Post by crpeck » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:00 pm

Good point - I will wait (un)patiently and see what develops. ;)

MichaelCombs

Post by MichaelCombs » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:15 pm

FYI:

I just received a reply from sales support regarding a question about GVE which indicated GVE would be released before March. here is the reply:

"The google voice extensions are something we have been working on for a long time, but we are in the final stages of releasing it. This feature is due to launch before this March."

MichaelCombs

Post by MichaelCombs » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:32 pm

I just got an updated response over the phone from Ooma support. She said that Google Voice Extensions will not be released for the Ooma hub.

MikeekiM

Post by MikeekiM » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:24 pm

Amazing... :(
Customer Since: August 2009
Ooma Hardware: Ooma Telo (Original Legacy Hub/Scout Customer)
Ooma Service: Premier Lifetime (Since October 2009)

joeed2

Post by joeed2 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:34 pm

I wonder what would happen to the telecom industry if Google Voice allowed you to port your number over to it?

crpeck

Post by crpeck » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:19 pm

MichaelCombs wrote:I just got an updated response over the phone from Ooma support. She said that Google Voice Extensions will not be released for the Ooma hub.
aaaaaarrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh

stormin

Post by stormin » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:06 am

Ooma should be prepared to refund Premier fees and buy back hardware that was purchased because of their advertising GVE availability without caveats. Or provide free hardware swaps from Hub to Telo for the same reason.

This is getting ridiculous, Ooma needs to make a formal statement and stop the speculation in this thread.

crpeck

Post by crpeck » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:20 pm

Yes - a formal statement as to what product(s) GVE will be available on would be nice, I wonder if there are still Hub's in the retail chain that are for sale, thus delaying any sort of announcement?
Just tell us Hub owners that we are or are not getting GVE - then we can move on & deal with it.