Google Voice

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
ehernaez
Google Voice

Post by ehernaez » Tue May 26, 2009 6:15 am

I noticed the blog about Google Voice Extensions, but do not see any links within the lounge to enable them. Are these features currently available? If not, when are they expected?

bw1

Re: Google Voice

Post by bw1 » Tue May 26, 2009 7:57 am

I could see where it's misleading. From the blog:
With ooma Premier’s Google Voice Extensions, we can...
But then at the end:
So there’s a sneak peek at what’s coming to ooma Premier.
When is it coming? From the comment in the blog:
# Dennis Peng | March 25, 2009 @ 1:08pm

We’re targeting summer for the initial release of Google Voice Extensions.

alex_ncus

Post by alex_ncus » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:37 am

Is it summer yet?

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:53 am

Since GV is just now sending invites I'm sure they aren't ready for ooma yet, but it's getting close!

Wayne

scoutconnor

Post by scoutconnor » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:38 am

WayneDsr wrote:Since GV is just now sending invites I'm sure they aren't ready for ooma yet, but it's getting close!

Wayne
Google has 1 Million numbers to give out and have only just begin to send them out. I'd say it'll be released in the late Summer to ensure that both services will work together correctly.

slr001

Post by slr001 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:49 pm

scoutconnor wrote:
WayneDsr wrote:Since GV is just now sending invites I'm sure they aren't ready for ooma yet, but it's getting close!

Wayne
Google has 1 Million numbers to give out and have only just begin to send them out. I'd say it'll be released in the late Summer to ensure that both services will work together correctly.
Google Voice is out. They have almost completely sent invites to the entire list of requested invites.

It isn't listed as a beta service anymore.

Google is arranging for free "business cards" with your GV number for up to 50,000 users.

ooma-fan

Post by ooma-fan » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:41 pm

Just got my GV.
Cant wait to see how OOMA Google Voice Extensions work.
Lifetime Premier Member

kjoiner

Post by kjoiner » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:26 am

Any word on this? I would be ecstatic just to have my CID show my GV number. They have it working with Gizmo now. I know that they are hand in hand if not a part of Google. Come on Ooma!

KJ

ggilman

Post by ggilman » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:07 pm

In another post, an ooma rep mentioned a big web site re-do at the end of September. No specifics were given, but I'm guessing that the new web site will include the google voice components. Currently, there would be no way to set up your google voice info in the web site & I don't see them throwing in a quick google voice addition with a major web site upgrade just over a month away.

scoutconnor

Post by scoutconnor » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:48 am

ggilman wrote:In another post, an ooma rep mentioned a big web site re-do at the end of September. No specifics were given, but I'm guessing that the new web site will include the google voice components. Currently, there would be no way to set up your google voice info in the web site & I don't see them throwing in a quick google voice addition with a major web site upgrade just over a month away.
You would seem to be correct. Ooma will most likely be updating their site with info about the Telo system. From why I've heard, the beta units will be sent out in September so an update to the site prior to the launch would make sense.