repeat dialing and call transfer functions

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
Tangaroa
repeat dialing and call transfer functions

Post by Tangaroa » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:52 am

First, just wanted to say that I think ooma is great- love the service so far.

A couple of features I'd love to see added to the service:

Repeat Dialing- if you call a number and it is busy then have the unit automatically keep trying to connect and once it can get through (for a 30 minute window or so), dial you back to connect you.

And this is more in the category of perhaps wishful thinking, but the ability to be able to take a current call and transfer it to an outside number- say, to my cell phone if I'm headed out the door and still need to continue a call by making use of ooma's instant second line to dial out to the 2nd number, and transfer the call (ideally would be nice if it could be done seamlessly without having to put the original party on hold and perhaps through a stored number preference/button option while on a call from the hub/scout).

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Re: repeat dialing and call transfer functions

Post by Dennis P » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:03 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. Being able to closely tie your ooma service to your cell phone is an aspect of ooma Premier that we are working on implementing. We will soon be releasing the first phase of the feature to beta. It won't support transfers yet, but that is something that we have been thinking about. :)

trim81

Post by trim81 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:05 am

Dennis P wrote:Thanks for the suggestion. Being able to closely tie your ooma service to your cell phone is an aspect of ooma Premier that we are working on implementing. We will soon be releasing the first phase of the feature to beta. It won't support transfers yet, but that is something that we have been thinking about. :)

This is great news. Are we talking about a weeks time frame or a months time frame?? (or even years?) for this feature?

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Post by Dennis P » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:25 pm

If internal testing goes well, it should hit in a few weeks. We'll give everyone a heads up when we're getting close!

trim81

Post by trim81 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:57 pm

Dennis P wrote:If internal testing goes well, it should hit in a few weeks. We'll give everyone a heads up when we're getting close!

Dennis, any updates on this?

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Post by Dennis P » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:48 am

We're on track to release early next week! We'll post some release notes when it goes live.

trim81

Post by trim81 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:37 am

Dennis P wrote:We're on track to release early next week! We'll post some release notes when it goes live.
I am curious if this update will be rolling out today or tommorrow? (hence the early next week?)