Telo Wall Mount Bracket...

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
GCollins
Telo Wall Mount Bracket...

Post by GCollins » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:47 am

... for those times when you need to install the Telo between the modem and router, as advised in the Quick Start Guide, but the modem and router are in a utility closet instead of on a desk or counter.

Thanks

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Re: Telo Wall Mount Bracket...

Post by Tom » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:53 am

Telo_BK

Post by Telo_BK » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:52 pm

Does Ooma provide brackets, or are there plans to provide two mounting holes? :P

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:07 pm

No, there are no Ooma brackets. The Telo was just refreshed last year so I don't expect design changes anytime soon.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

Telo_BK

Post by Telo_BK » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:23 am

oomamaniacal wrote:No, there are no Ooma brackets. The Telo was just refreshed last year so I don't expect design changes anytime soon.
Sorry- that was a rhetorical question. Seems like Ooma could provide mounting holes rather than have users fabricating "solutions" to a problem that should have been solved before intial product release. Maybe customers would get the idea that the thing was thought through and completely designed before release.

Do I sound annoyed at the post-purchase rigging that needs to be done by customers to make their telo wall-mountable, or make their two-line house jacks operate normally? How about the oversold fax capability which is so hit-and-miss it needs to be babysat before an attempt is aboandoned? Yeah, I am annoyed. This is product development 101. Everything is made out to be soooo complicated. How complicated are two holes in a plastic box?

I've made prototypes from off-the-shelf electronics enclosures in my shop and made the holes if they were needed for goodness sake.

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:41 am

Telo_BK wrote: Do I sound annoyed at the post-purchase rigging that needs to be done by customers to make their telo wall-mountable, or make their two-line house jacks operate normally? How about the oversold fax capability which is so hit-and-miss it needs to be babysat before an attempt is aboandoned?
T.38 would probably take faxing over IP to its maximum potential using Ooma.

To be fair, though, Ooma describes the second-line feature as "Instant Second Line," not as a regular two-line phone system. Don't forget that when both "lines" are active, call-waiting does not work on either line. That's different from a much more expensive two-line subscription that you would get from other companies. Minor extra hardware setup=long-term savings for Premier customers.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

Telo_BK

Post by Telo_BK » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:50 am

oomamaniacal wrote: To be fair, though, Ooma describes the second-line feature as "Instant Second Line," not as a regular two-line phone system. Don't forget that when both "lines" are active, call-waiting does not work on either line. That's different from a much more expensive two-line subscription that you would get from other companies. Minor extra hardware setup=long-term savings for Premier customers.
It's just a matter of implementation and firmware. The incremental cost would be under $6.00 based on the price of a commercial SLIC in 1K quantities. There's no reason the Telo can't implement rollover to the second line or call-waiting on each line (so we could have two full-featured lines at very little extra hardware and negligible system cost). There would need to be slightly more circuits available at the PSTN interface to handle some extra calls on hold, but that's no biggie.

asix

Post by asix » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:07 pm

Bernhard Behling

Post by Bernhard Behling » Sun May 14, 2023 12:30 pm

And here we are, 7+ years later, still with no mounting bracket available and no mounting holes on the Telo.

This is a royal PITA for me as my Telo has to go on the shelf with the router, there's no other place for it in my home office, and the shelf is 7 feet off the floor to get the maximum wifi distance in the house. That means there is no way for me to see what the light on the Telo is doing without climbing or standing on something. You would think that in all this time Ooma would at least realize this lack is a problem for their customers and offer a reasonable solution.

Robek

Post by Robek » Mon May 15, 2023 8:41 am

The topic mentioned previously, (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17240), offers plenty of reasonable solutions, from DIY zip ties or plate hangers, to a fairly low-cost, custom-built "Precision Ooma Wall Mount or Ooma Ceiling Mount Bracket", designed specifically for the Ooma Telo 2 base station.