Silent voicemails

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
reborndata
Silent voicemails

Post by reborndata » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:22 pm

Although it's not perfect, Ooma's dramatically reduced the number of junk calls I get.

However, I'm always paranoid that I'm going to miss an important message so I have blocked calls go to voicemail.

I find that this results in a relatively large number of silent voicemails (because most blocked calls don't leave actual voicemail. I've stopped voicemails shorter than 3 seconds (which helped), but I still am getting more empty 5 second voicemails than I would like. However, I also have friends who leave short messages ("Hi, it's Dave... call me back!") so don't want to cut it any shorter.

It would be *great* if Ooma could address this. I can think of a couple of ways:

1. Detect when a voicemail is silent (or more than 90% silence) and just delete it
2. Make the option to delete short messages different for blocked calls than calls which rang the phone. I would definitely delete messages 7 seconds or less from a blocked call, but I don't want that happening for legit callers.

Thoughts?

-R

briansm

Re: Silent voicemails

Post by briansm » Tue May 14, 2019 5:16 pm

This is my #1 feature request for Ooma also, for exactly the reasons you state. Has anyone heard if there is an effort to implement this feature? The call blocking for Ooma has been great, except that I am still annoyed to listen to silent voicemails almost every day.
Thanks,
Brian