OOMA Dial Tone

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
mjv5864
Re: OOMA Dial Tone

Post by mjv5864 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:40 pm

modularlife wrote:Did someone honestly write "something less gay"?

It's 2009, man. Come on.

I could not agree more. Pretty offensive.

forrest

Post by forrest » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:41 am

I remember as a young adult, 'gay' used to be a nice word, as in 'don we now our gay apparel...', before it became a dirty word.

BryanS

Post by BryanS » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:55 am

You can disable the ooma connection sound by signing into the lounge > Preferences > System > select (Disabled) for the connection tone on the drop down menu. That should fix half of your problem.

dferrey

Post by dferrey » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:14 am

I understand the value the ooma dial tone can provide for those in that situation or those that simply like it. I don't understand, however, why the tone isn't configurable like the connection one.

It would be helpful if the fanboys dialed it down a notch. I don't think you're doing ooma any favors.

scottlindner

Post by scottlindner » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:34 pm

dferrey wrote:It would be helpful if the fanboys dialed it down a notch. I don't think you're doing ooma any favors.
I agree. In general it has toned down a lot over the past month, but it still pops up. I guess the good side is people are really excited about Ooma. :)

Welcome to Ooma!

Cheers,
Scott

blakelyb

Post by blakelyb » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:40 pm

I want the choice to have a regular dialtone or ooma dialtone. My wife is against me trying Voip. She is worried it will degrade her phone experience. I got the ooma anyway, installed it, and want her to use it not knowing what is going on. Then after a week, when she sees it is good, I will tell her and go back to ooma tone, for the advantage of knowing it is free ooma or not.

ooma may lose a sale if she makes me tear it out when she gets home tonight.

I think I can get used to the ooma tone, but what sounds bad to me is when the musical tone becomes the normal tone, that transition creates an uncomfortable mental dissonance, if not a sonic one.

The musical ooma tone does sound overdriven to distortion somewhat, but I can live with it.

As others said, the more choice on the tone, the better.

bw1

Post by bw1 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:55 pm

She may not even notice. My wife hasn't.

niknak

Post by niknak » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:18 am

bw1 wrote:She may not even notice. My wife hasn't.
Right...most people pick up the phone and start dialing. By the time they bring the phone up to their ear, the ooma tone is done playing

but2002

Post by but2002 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:32 am

niknak wrote:
bw1 wrote:She may not even notice. My wife hasn't.
Right...most people pick up the phone and start dialing. By the time they bring the phone up to their ear, the ooma tone is done playing
I dial, then press talk. My phone starts dialing before the ooma tone even gets half a second in. :P

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:42 am

Too bad wives didn't come with options we could check and uncheck! :-)

Wayne