Compatibility with ecobee 3 & Kwikset Kevo?!

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
neo
Compatibility with ecobee 3 & Kwikset Kevo?!

Post by neo » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:11 pm

I have noticed that Ooma has started to seemingly rapidly integrate “Apps” with other IoT devices.

In a sense, I have been creating a “smart home” with various “IoT” devices. The most integral part of that is cross-compatibility. And with various brands, that becomes the most difficult part.

Unfortunately there is no single brand out there that makes every “smart home” device. Each brand specializes in their own market, speciality, and device. So I can only hope they will work together — as most limits are usually only artificial and most “IoT” devices do communicate over WiFi (and other standards).

First, I saw Ooma list “Nest” as the first product in their “Apps” category. And bravo Ooma, thank you! It would be amazing if Ooma would support more then one “Smart Thermostat”. The ecobee 3 WiFi Smart Thermostat is a sleeping giant, it might not be as well known as Nest but it has a much greater feature set to boast, including Apple HomeKit compatibility, with a growing fanbase — including me. I love the idea of having individual wireless thermostats in multiple rooms, and this thermostat provides me with that function.

Second, I also recently installed a Kwikset Kevo and instantly feel involve. I’m not here to try to sell you any products, but the ability to have my locks automatically close and open based on my bluetooth phone (or a key fob) seems magical. Along with remotely checking and/or opening a door lock from anywhere. Integrating automatic door locks with things such as a smart thermostat, and the best VoIP company (Ooma obviously) would be pure sorcery that I would greatly enjoy.

Thanks in advance for your time, whatever the result may be,
Alex
Ooma Telo WiFi
HD2-HS Headset
Linx x2
Ooma iOS Premier App
Integration with IFTT - iOS Notifications - Philips Hue - WeMo

AnthonyH
Ooma Moderator

Re: Compatibility with ecobee 3 & Kwikset Kevo?!

Post by AnthonyH » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:55 pm

Thanks for the post, Alex! We're glad that you're enjoying our new integrations. We're definitely interested in connecting to the other winners in the market, so we appreciate your input. Let us know if there are other devices/services that you and your friends enjoy as well! :)

jdenenberg

Re: Compatibility with ecobee 3 & Kwikset Kevo?!

Post by jdenenberg » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:00 am

I am also interested in integrating Ooma with my other "smart" appliances. I have Ecobees and the main integration would be to have them go into "Home" (Ooma Home security - I have an Ooma motion detector and a siren) and "Away" modes together. I also have a ring doorbell as well so getting an Ooma security alert when someone is at the front door would also be useful.

Jeff Denenberg