Whitelist by Partial Name or Combo

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
MtView
Whitelist by Partial Name or Combo

Post by MtView » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:10 am

It would be great to be able to whitelist contacts using partial names and wildcard characters the same way we can blacklist by name. That way the call will still come through from my trash company, doctor or hospital when those numbers are blacklisted by the community or Nomorobo.

alanmalk

Re: Whitelist by Partial Name or Combo

Post by alanmalk » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:53 am

(Didn't want to start a new thread - but on the other hand, this one is 2 years old...)

We can add partial names or numbers to the Blacklist. Why can't we add an area code-prefix combination to our Whitelist (Contacts)? This would be a big help when receiving calls from companies with internal PBX systems that generate multiple caller IDs and frequently we (Ooma users like myself) can't predict the exact number to add to a Whitelist.

Or is this in fact already possible?

Thank you Ooma.

TonyW

Post by TonyW » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:06 am

Sorry, mis-read. I agree a similar whitelist option could be handy.

alanmalk

Post by alanmalk » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:33 am

Hello Ooma... A response would be appreciated.

Can I add something like 333-999* (area code - prefix - wildcard) to my Contact List?

Thank you,
Alan

DavidMD

Post by DavidMD » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:01 am

Agree with this.

But we also need this:

It would be great to have all numbers dialed OUT allowed to call back and not get blocked. The only thing that seems to block spam calls is a lockdown except for those in contacts.

Right now every time I call a new number, to get a return call, I have to
    login to Ooma
      navigate to contacts
        type in a name
          type in a number

This takes a LOT of time and often you can't do it fast enough before the person calls you back.

alanmalk

Post by alanmalk » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:37 am

Well, it's a new year (almost) and nothing seems to have progressed on this option. So, I will give it a poke and be hopelessly optimistic.

Please Ooma, give us a wildcard Whitelist-Contacts number option. You sell a PBX option to small businesses so this is no surprise. To be explicit, instead of trying to list every phone number for a business in my contact list, I just want to enter (Area Code)-Prefix-**** and bingo - all calls from that company get through to my phone. So easy...