Telo Setup Logout

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
MontrealPaul
Telo Setup Logout

Post by MontrealPaul » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:44 am

Hi,

It seems that there is no way to LOGOUT of a session for the Teleo Setup page, i.e. the LOCAL setup web page for administering the Teleo. I have tried closing the browser, but when I open it again, the session is still valid. Rebooting the Teleo MIGHT work, but as it takes a very long time for it to re-establish itself, during which no telephone service is possible, this is not an acceptable approach.

This is a problem, because on a Family computer, anyone can mess with the settings (and please don't lecture me on separate accounts and other security aspects; there are reasons for this).

Any plans to add a Logout button to the Teleo Setup Page?

Thanks!
-Paul

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Re: Telo Setup Logout

Post by Tom » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:36 am

Can't reproduce. If I check 'Enable password protected access to this website', specify a password, relaunch the browser, login to setup, and then relaunch the browser I have to login again.

nmnunna32

Post by nmnunna32 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:01 am

Yes - I agree - you should provide "Log Out" or "Sign Out" and put it in a prominent position in the portal.

This is how you can reproduce the issue. I used GC (Google Chrome) browser.

1. Open a brand new browser session
2. Log in to setup.ooma.com. You will be prompted for credentials
3. Open a new tab in the browser session (let us call it tab2)
4. Now go back to you ooma setup session and kill the tab as there is no way to LOG OUT
5. Go to your tab2 that you opened in step 3 above and type setup.ooma.com. YOU WILL NOT BE PROMPTED FOR CREDENTAILS. You will just log in successfully. THIS IS NOT GOOD.

The password is cached in the browser cache. If you close all your tabs and close your browser session then the cached password will go away. You will be prompted for credentials only if you have a brand new browser session.

Hope this helps!

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:38 pm

This is because active logins are maintained by the browsers. These cannot be cleared from the server side.