Add automated call screening

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
brian428
Add automated call screening

Post by brian428 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:36 am

How about a call screening option that automatically answers incoming calls and forces the caller to press 1 or something in order to have the call go through? Otherwise it goes straight to voice mail (or it's dropped, if configured as such).

The existing call blocking options had been working well, but now I'm getting inundated by scam robocallers using randomly spoofed local numbers as their caller ID. Which means there's no way to prevent those calls (can't blacklist them because they change, and Nomorobo can't detect them).

So unfortunately, we need something even more aggressive than the existing blocking options.

oomamaniacal

Re: Add automated call screening

Post by oomamaniacal » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:41 pm

+1
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

DCUNY

Post by DCUNY » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:24 pm

+2

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:30 pm

Another nice option would be to have the caller say his/her name in order to ring your phones, which is already available with Google Voice.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

ruauu2

Post by ruauu2 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:26 pm

YES! Please implement this. A setting that would allow us to require callers to take an action (like pressing "1") before the call rings my phone.

I am being driven worse than crazy with junk, spam, phishing, robocalls, etc.

I spent a significant amount of time each day listening to or deleting nonsense voice mail messages and answering my phone when I'm expecting an important call, only to be greeted by "Hi, I'm Heather from card holder services..."