Blacklist for callerid City five spaces and StateID

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
GMCPDX
Blacklist for callerid City five spaces and StateID

Post by GMCPDX » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:12 pm

The Blacklist will not allow us to block callerids of Portland five spaces and OR, only one space is allowed between City and StateID.. So many scammers are using this method knowing we cannot block for it. For example, cell phones can come in as Portland OR so if you use this you block many friends and family members but not the scammers. You also cannot use the phone number because they are being auto generated and change with every call but they do use the same CallerID. Please, allow us to edit as we need.

TonyW

Re: Blacklist for callerid City five spaces and StateID

Post by TonyW » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:55 pm

I block by Numbers that 'start with...' area code - local exchange > 'Send to Voicemail' for this type of scam call. Works fine & legit calls that leave a message get added to my contact list so they'll ring through next time. YMMV

An alternative would be to block by name 'Contains...' PORTLAND

GMCPDX

Post by GMCPDX » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:49 pm

Thank you for your suggestion but if I put my area code as you suggest, I will get no one calling me at all from my own state. That is not what I want nor can I put Portland OR as I need five spaces between Portland and OR but the editing manager will not allow this. Try it yourself.

TonyW

Post by TonyW » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:58 pm

You misread my suggestions...

'(xxx) yyy' ((area code) local exchange) only filters local calls, not statewide. Legit additions to your Contacts list will essentially be whitelisted & bypass this filter. The bulk of the local calls I get are scam/spam.

Just 'Contains...' 'PORTLAND'... no 'CO'. IMO, precision is a losing battle since the spoofed ID (# of spaces between city/state) is variable. Just the city has worked well for me. Get a lot of calls from PORTLAND (anywhere else)?