Add the Ooma Skill to the Canadian Alexa Skills Library

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
slantyyz
Add the Ooma Skill to the Canadian Alexa Skills Library

Post by slantyyz » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:09 pm

Ooma skill is not available in the Amazon Alexa skills library in Canada. It looks like it is region locked to the US. Please enable it for Canadian customers.

zsrh

Re: Add the Ooma Skill to the Canadian Alexa Skills Library

Post by zsrh » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:06 pm

I agree please add I don't see why you can't add it!

richk

Post by richk » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:28 am

Please enable this skill. Doesn’t make sense why not.

leebee12

Post by leebee12 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:26 pm

Hi, I am new to the forum. Does any one from Ooma ever reply to posts? I tried to explain to live chat that the Ooma app was not available in the Canadian Alexa library but the fellow had no idea what I was talking about. He kept directing me to the instructions so he had no clue. From what I can see, there is no way to send an email to Ooma; only live chat or calling in. So I was wondering if anyone from Ooma ever reads the forum and responds?
Because if they do - I agree - there is no reason we cannot have the skill available in Canadian Library. Tomorrow if I have time I will try calling in to their support line to express my discontent.

jsdecoste

Post by jsdecoste » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:47 am

Hi, it seems like the Ooma skill is only in English(US), and would need to be posted in English(CA) as well to work.

danomite1

Post by danomite1 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:03 am

There is any easy way around this to add an US skill not available in the Canadian library. Here is a link that you can try - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO5rExW-7I8.
It worked for me.

DWong

Post by DWong » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:22 am

I purchased an Amazon Echo Dot (Canada) and was disappointed that I could not locate the Ooma Skill from the Alexa App. Searching for "Ooma" always returned zero results. I'm using my Amazon.ca account.

Interestingly, my friend who imported his Echo device from the US and is probably linked to his Amazon.com account (but connected in Canada) is able to find the Ooma Skill and download it.

I opened a ticket today with Ooma Support referencing this thread.

Hopefully Ooma can enable it so that we can download the Skill from the Alexa App using the Canadian standard Amazon.ca account rather than switching over to Amazon.com (as one user posted above).

nxnw

Post by nxnw » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:20 pm

I installed it from the US library, and switched my account back to Canada, but it doesn't work. I see it in my skills, but asking alexa to use it just makes her shrug her shoulders in confusion.

John79797

Post by John79797 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:39 am

Please add English(CA) from what I understand it's a 10 min update and a 10 day approval by amazon.

JustinP

Post by JustinP » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:35 pm

Yeah, I didn’t get very far either. They really piss me off. I get this exact same conversation, whether I chat or call.
Disconnected
Jocelyn: Thank you for using Ooma Chat! This service is intended for simple questions that can be resolved immediately. For more complex questions that require detailed troubleshooting, please contact our service team at 888.711.6662. Thank you.
Jocelyn: Hi **************.
You: http://support.ooma.com/home/amazon-ale ... -in-canada
You: This is what I’m talking about. Please pass this to your escalation department.
You: That skill is not available in Canada.
You: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=21406
Jocelyn: We suggest that you call the support line at 866-929-6662 M-F 8am to 5pm PST so we can connect you also to advance technical support for a quick hand off.
You: No. I need you to send the transcript up the chain. Calling never gets me anywhere. Nobody understands. Many of us have tried. We’re frustrated, so we want to pass this along in writing. Please pass this to advanced support. There is nothing wrong with my account or my service. I’m not doing useless troubleshooting for something that YOU need to do on your end.
Jocelyn: I apologize but the Advance technical support is only available suring regular business hrs.
Jocelyn: You need to call them so they could connect you over to them.
Jocelyn: This needs further advance troubleshooting for this complex concern.
You: Oh my god. Do you not have a supervisor? Can you not forward this message to some supervisor or manager? I don’t need to personally speak with them, because it’s not just my account or line that has this problem: it’s EVERHONE in Canada. I don’t need troubleshooting. You guys never listen!!!
You: EVERYONE*
Jocelyn: Well I could open up a ticket and have a supervisor call you back in 24-48 hrs.
Jocelyn: They supervisors are only available durihg business hrs.
You: Yes. Thank you. Please call my son. He’ll be the one to talk to. He’s available at ***************
You: His name is ***********.
Jocelyn: Is there anything else that I may help you with?
You: Please open the ticket and have them call him in 24-48 hours. Thank you.
You: That’s all I need.
Jocelyn: We apologize we an only do basic troubleshooting on chat. This is the only thing I can do.
Jocelyn: Thank you for contacting Ooma Chat Support! Have a good one.
Jocelyn has disconnected.