Logging Blocked Calls

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
drawbars
Logging Blocked Calls

Post by drawbars » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:54 pm

We are receiving a lot of nuisance marketing/survey calls, especially from spoofed caller IDs. I work at home, so this is more than simply an annoyance: I can't afford not to answer the phone during business hours, but 80-90% of the time it's a nuisance call, wasting my time and tying up the line.

I recently took drastic action: 1) I changed my settings so that all unrecognized calls go directly to Voicemail; 2) I created a message that explains what's going on, promising that if the call is legitimate, I'll call back AND whitelist the caller; and 3) the message explains that spam callers aren't welcome, and will remain blocked forever.

It solves my initial problem well. However, if a caller doesn't leave a voice mail, they remain blocked, because I have no record of their call to whitelist them. (Some people think they have the wrong number, redial 1-2x, and then just give up.) It would be great if the call log would include direct-to-voicemail calls -- even if it required optional setup, or tagged them as 'missed.' With my old settings, if a spammer called and didn't leave a message, it still showed up in the Missed log. After a couple of calls from the same number, I could use the Web to figure out if the call was 'real' or not.

This is especially true of business numbers: ABC Company may have a main number of 123-456-7000, but the numbers that employees use to call back are likely to be different (123-456-8101, 123-456-8102, etc.) There's no easy way to collect the 'good' numbers in the present system.

Regards,
-Bruce Wahler
Premier Member

TonyW

Re: Logging Blocked Calls

Post by TonyW » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:20 pm

This has been a MUCH requested feature & an intimated 'phase 2' of the enhanced call blocking rolled out earlier this year (Feb-Mar?). Don't know if Ooma's been sidetracked by rolling out 'Home Security', or call quality issues, or maybe they're just waiting for CES (annual tech show), but we'd all love to see this feature implemented.

+1

TanMan

Post by TanMan » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:35 pm

+1

DCUNY

Post by DCUNY » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:56 am

+2