More IFTTT options

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
I_Ooma_2
More IFTTT options

Post by I_Ooma_2 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:00 pm

I currently use IFTTT to show incoming Ooma Caller ID notifications on my Android device. Although I have the Ooma app installed, I have the option to "ring" my mobile device turned off because generally I don't like having my cell phone ring for an incoming home phone call when I am not at home.

Having said that, I do occasionally set the app to also ring when my home phone is called when I am at home if I am expecting an important call.

This leads me to a feature suggestion: How about allowing the 'ring the mobile app' option to be set programmatically through the IFTTT service? Then, for example, I could set up IFTTT to have my Ooma app ring for incoming calls when it sees that I am connected to my home WiFi. Of course, we should also be able to go into the app and turn this on or off independently of the IFTTT service so it may need two options for ringing the app.