Disable Do Not Disturb Functionality

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
OomaAddict99
Disable Do Not Disturb Functionality

Post by OomaAddict99 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:38 pm

I set-up Ooma at my parent's house, but the placement of the "DND" button on the Ooma HD2 phone has caused repeated problems with my parents mistakenly pressing the button while answering a call. The icon showing this is enable is incredibly small, which is poorly thought out. If the phone is essentially not usable, it should be written on the screen in huge letters "DO NOT DISTURB MODE - DISABLE TO MAKE OR RECEIVE CALLS". Currently there is no option within the phone's settings to disable this functionality to my dismay. Additionally, there is no way to remotely disable it either via the website or Ooma smart phone application. As the DND button disables outgoing and incoming calls, I believe this isn't just a poorly thought out phone design but could be potentially dangerous one as well. I hope Ooma will quickly address this situation.

I highly suggest anyone using the Oooma HD2 headset to discontinue use of it if it's being used by elderly / less tech savvy individual until this is addressed via a software update.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Re: Disable Do Not Disturb Functionality

Post by Tom » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:59 am

get an HD3 instead