Turn of ring during night time

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
jhsanchez
Turn of ring during night time

Post by jhsanchez » Thu May 03, 2018 10:33 am

It seems that spammers who spoof their caller ID are calling later than I'd like. Is there anyway to block ALL calls during certain hours? It would sure make a wonderful feature. My Panasonic DECT phones can do that but I'd prefer to do it with the OOMA.
Thanks
Jim Sanchez
Jim Sanchez - Tucson AZ

Falc0n

Re: Turn of ring during night time

Post by Falc0n » Mon May 07, 2018 7:45 am

Do Not Disturb is an Ooma Premier feature. If you have Premier you can turn on DND so you won’t be disturbed by phone calls while DND is active. Note though that the call will be directed to Voicemail, so the caller may leave a message.

http://support.ooma.com/home/ooma-premier/

http://support.ooma.com/home/do-not-disturb/
Happy Ooma customer since January 2009
Lifetime Premier Member

jhsanchez

Post by jhsanchez » Mon May 07, 2018 10:24 am

I do not have the ooma telo handset and would like to do this via the OOMA dashboard. Thanks anyway
Jim Sanchez - Tucson AZ

Falc0n

Post by Falc0n » Mon May 07, 2018 9:50 pm

Just FYI, as an option, you don’t have to have a Telo Handset to do this. You can do this on the Telo core unit (per the instructions in the link I provided). You might also be able to use DND via my.ooma but I have not checked. If not, I’d like to think it should be possible to do a re-program by Ooma (IMO).

I’ve done it via the core unit when I’ve needed to in the past, but it is nice to now be able to do it on my (newly purchased) HD3s. YMMV.

Good luck!

P.S. Way back in 2009 when I got my first Ooma core I was asking for the capability to automatically set daily/weekly/14 day windows for DND to be active for the very reason you’ve mentioned. Never got my wish ...
Happy Ooma customer since January 2009
Lifetime Premier Member

jhsanchez

Post by jhsanchez » Tue May 08, 2018 4:44 am

Thanks, I understand that it can be done on the telo BUT it is a manual process. What I would desire it that it be on a schedule like my cell phone. For example, between 9pm and say 6am, set DND mode.
Jim
Jim Sanchez - Tucson AZ