Custom phone number format in Contacts

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
Falc0n
Custom phone number format in Contacts

Post by Falc0n » Fri May 04, 2018 8:07 pm

I’ve purchased an HD3 handset (as a test) to migrate from my current Panasonic system. One feature I use on the Panasonic handset is to prefix the star code for which of my two numbers I want to use when calling a stored contact. I use one line for family/friends and the other for everyone else.

I’ve just discovered that the online Ooma Contact list (which I also do not like due to privacy concerns) will not accept adding a prefix. It curiously strictly enforces 10 digit calling. Being able to call programmed contacts with specific lines is a requirement for me and a deal breaker on using Ooma handsets (and should be for others who want this capability).

Ooma, how about relaxing up somewhat and give us an alternate drop down (for example) custom strings so people can enter what they like. You support star codes to select which lines, just not in your Contact list? Why must we be required to manually enter numbers each time in order to use star codes?

If I’ve missed some easy way to do this already built in then I’ll retract my request.
Happy Ooma customer since January 2009
Lifetime Premier Member

Falc0n

Re: Custom phone number format in Contacts

Post by Falc0n » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:36 pm

Bumping this post, as there has been no response from Ooma. Why not allow us to store pre-fixed codes to choose which line out we want to use for a given outgoing call?
Happy Ooma customer since January 2009
Lifetime Premier Member