Very disappointed

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
DBB
Very disappointed

Post by DBB » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:45 am

I've been a Ooma user for the past ten years and I bought a box for my in-laws as a gift.
I ordered the unit at the end of August and it took over seventeen days to deliver to me.

When I ordered the product they said it would be delivered in 3-5 days.
When I called in to find out what was going on, no one seemed to know what was happening.

It took multiple attempts but I finally found out that they delayed my order because of "fraud".
It seems strange given that I was shipping it to my home address, that I purchased it using my valid credit card and that I was able to verify my account for the person online (all of which is on file with my account)

On the day the package was delivered, I got an email stating that they would not be able to delivery the item to me from the fraud department. A good example of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.

It was obvious to me that Ooma has some serious issues with communication and logistics within the company. It seemed to me that no one knew what they were doing and I was getting mislead as to why the delay was over seventeen days.

When I called in recently to get an extension on the 30 day free trial, I was told that the free trial started on the day I ordered the product?

So I am led to believe that even if the package took 3-5 days to be delivered, the trial period is actually less than 30 days?

The person on the call with me told me that they would give me 30 days from the date it arrived, but since this product isn't for me I was stuck with waiting for an opportunity to install it. So I asked for an extra two weeks for the trial, which was refused.

This company might have a good product, but the customer service stinks.
I'm returning the product and now considering to take my customer loyalty elsewhere.

I also find it strange that they wouldn't give me an RMA# for the return. How do I track the return of the item?

murphy

Re: Very disappointed

Post by murphy » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:26 am

Send it via FEDEX or USPS or UPS with signature required.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx