POOR Customer Service

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
jackrterrier
POOR Customer Service

Post by jackrterrier » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:49 am

I have a Ooma HD2 handset which has a blank/grey screen. The batteries are in, the phone powers on, you can make calls, and the handset is registered with the base station.

The screen has been grey-ed out for a long time. I've read on the forums about a firmware update issue, but when I called customer support, their response was that warranty period is only for 60 days and there is nothing they can do.

I've read that other people have requested that ooma push a firmware update that will fix this problem, however the customer support person I spoke to would not do this.

Was a premier member with a 2nd line, but since their equipment will not work, and they will not help me fix it, I canceled that.

Considering whether or not I should just cancel service all together since we rarely use the primary line any more. just seems to be for robocalls or telemarketers.

I liked Ooma service when it came out, but I think they have grown so much that they've reached a point where customer retention is no longer a priority for them.