Apple Watch support

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
Falc0n
Apple Watch support

Post by Falc0n » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:02 pm

I’d like to see direct support for wearables such as the Apple Watch. Obviously not expecting all the features that Ooma has, but at least basic functionality to handle phone calls and voicemail capabilities. I don’t believe Ooma should be depending on a third party (IFTT) to provide this service. First, phone features exist through Apple, so the capability exists. Second, extra parties involved increase opportunities for service failure, and also requires additional account(s) and introduce unnecessary policy/privacy concerns.

Wearables are here and growing and, IMO, Ooma needs to directly support them.
Happy Ooma customer since January 2009
Lifetime Premier Member

stakayama

Re: Apple Watch support

Post by stakayama » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:08 am

Yes! I agree!
Please add calling capability from Apple Watch. I have the Series 4 Cellular LTE. My company doesn't allow international calls from my mobile account. I use ooma for international calls and this would be a huge benefit since I often leave my phone off to reduce distractions.

Making a call from apple watch with airpods is a satisfying experience that should not be reserved just for the mobile carrier users. By adding this capability to ooma, users can enjoy this feature and save money. In order to truly be an alternative for verizon, at&t and others, ooma should add this feature.
Thanks!

gail

Post by gail » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:33 pm

And I also agree. I am a long time Ooma user, and for several years I have used Ooma Premier to forward all my Ooma calls to my iPhone so that I can receive them when I am out of the house. I do not use my iPhone telephone number for incoming calls, just the Ooma number, it keeps things simple. Two days ago I purchased an Apple watch so that I could stop carrying the iPhone everywhere, and to my total surprise I found that the Ooma Premier calls did not ring on the watch -but the same calls did ring on the iPhone (as before). Of course, this was a huge disappointment. It is time for Ooma to update and get with the program. GF

GaryREM

Post by GaryREM » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:03 am

Can't you go to myooma and go to Preferences > Call Forwarding and select to ring your iPhone number and set to always?

All calls will then be forwarded to your watch in addition to your Telo (if you want).

Of course you can't initiate ooma calls, but at least can receive them.