Separate voicemail for blocked calls

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
cgunther
Separate voicemail for blocked calls

Post by cgunther » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:35 pm

I am getting so tired of spam phone calls! The only way I can see to stop this is to select the option that blocks all calls not in my contacts. Here's my feature request:

1. I want my regular voicemail to handle calls when I do not answer. That voicemail just says "I'm not home , please leave a message", etc.

2. I want a second voicemail to handle blocked calls (known spam calls don't go to this mailbox). That greeting would say "We're sorry, but because of the growing problem of unwanted spam calls we have been forced to block all numbers that are not in our contact list. We want to hear from our friends when they call so please leave us a message including your name and phone number and we will add you to our contact list so you are no longer blocked.".

tkeeler

Re: Separate voicemail for blocked calls

Post by tkeeler » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:12 am

I was wondering if the message for 'calls not in the contacts' folder was customizable and it sounds like its not, not that I could find anyway. Like you said there could be a call from someone not in your contacts folder that you want to get back in touch with. Letting them know why their call was blocked would be a good thing.

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:29 pm

I wish Ooma would go one step further to allow legit calls to go through. For example, for non-contacts callers to hear a message that says please press one to be connected if you are not a telemarketer.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

cgunther

Post by cgunther » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:16 am

I like that idea and have actually encountered that when I've called someone else. Yes, OOMA, please add a feature like that. It's very similar to what I had in the past when I was using QWEST for my telephone service.