Google Voice & call blocking

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
Senator
Google Voice & call blocking

Post by Senator » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:08 am

I use Google Voice. That means I never give anyone my Ooma phone numbers. If anyone calls either of my Ooma phone numbers, it’s either a spammer or a wrong number. Therefore, I’d like to block any calls to my Ooma phone numbers, except those from Google Voice. This is a situation that would only apply to an Ooma customer who uses a 3rd party service like Google Voice. Therefore, I would not expect there is a standard feature within Ooma. This would either be a special request or someone would have discovered a work-around.

holmes4

Re: Google Voice & call blocking

Post by holmes4 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:21 pm

I'd like this too. Because of the way Ooma sets things up, I have to have a "primary" Ooma number that I never use. Once in a while I get calls on it. The GV Ooma number, though, you can't do much about as there's no way I know of to filter out calls other than those from GV. Unfortunately, all the options are per-account and not per-number.

The only thing I can suggest is to assign a different ring pattern to the primary number so you can recognize it and ignore it.
Steve