When is OOMA Premier to receive Caller ID authentication?

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
EdKeating
When is OOMA Premier to receive Caller ID authentication?

Post by EdKeating » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:14 am

I think it would appear there first and then offered to base level support on Ooma subscribers.
This would definitely diminish the numbers of robo-calls. The FCC has sent letters to the other voice providers, so perhaps an aggressive push to move to this method might be advisable.

Occams Razor

Re: When is OOMA Premier to receive Caller ID authentication?

Post by Occams Razor » Thu May 02, 2019 1:33 pm

I know.
For the love of god, I got OOMA to STOP all the calls I didn't want.
Now I'm inundated with them,
With all the number spoofing going on, I'm expected to block everybody in my area code one-by-one.

This is beyond ridiculous

Rmonio

Post by Rmonio » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:59 am

The same issue occurs with cellphone phones and carriers. AT&T has an app that will allow you to build a block list and over time (if you pay, of course, they automatically add to it). Seems to me someone is paying someone in the back pocket.... (just like computer viruses).

-Bob

fullermarc

Post by fullermarc » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:28 am

So their was a recent article somewhere that said all the big telco companies (Verizon, AT&T, etc) were now putting Caller ID authentication into place to stop spoofing, but that it might be a problem for smaller telcos, which I imagine is the category that OOMA falls into. Has anybody heard anything from OOMA regarding this?

fullermarc

Post by fullermarc » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:34 am

So to answer my own question read here:
https://www.ooma.com/home-phone/reduce- ... 1633026214

However at this point I am not sure I am seeing a significant reduction in spoofing calls. Will keep watching.

fullermarc

Post by fullermarc » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:44 pm

In the past week I have seen the number of spoofed calls drop from 3 or 4 a day down to maybe 1 a week- maybe that is a legitimate wrong number. Anyway, I believe something has changed to significantly reduce the number of spoofed calls I am receiving.