Ability to Set Voicemail Minimum Duration Separately

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
MyOwnOoma
Ability to Set Voicemail Minimum Duration Separately

Post by MyOwnOoma » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:51 am

Currently in Voicemail Preferences there are only 4 settings:

1) Pickup Time
2) Minimum Duration
3) Voicemail PIN
4) Forwarding and Notifications

I have my call blocking in Premier set to all calls not on my contact list go to voicemail. I have my settings on pickup time of 4 rings and minimum duration of 5 seconds. I originally used the default minimum duration of 3 seconds, but I'd get calls where the caller doesn't say anything so a blank voice mail is left on machine. I increased the duration to 5 seconds and this cut down the number of blank voice mails. However, by doing so, I missed (Ooma didn't record the message) a recorded call from the pharmacy today because the minimum duration is set too high. The pharmacy's number is stored as an entry as a contact.

I would like the ability to set the minimum duration time separately for callers on my contact list vs not on my list. In other words, I'd like the ability to set zero seconds minimum duration for callers on my contact list, but 5 (or more) minimum duration for callers not on my contact list.