DND forward to voicemail?

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
Cienega32
DND forward to voicemail?

Post by Cienega32 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:43 am

Much like the options for some spam calls to be a no ring forward to Ooma voicemail, how about a feature for time windows to act as a Do Not Disturb function? Maybe even have a whitelist during the DND period that allows those numbers to ring the house phone?

I run an answering machine on my house phones and it's great having some of these suspected spam calls (like ComCast) going to Ooma voicemail without any ringing of the phone. Ooma device is remotely located in the garage and the flashing msg lite alerts me to any messages.

Old, sick & a retired nite-owl lets me sleep till 11AM if I want but these early morning calls from people I can call back are too much. I don't want to lose my base answering machine and I don't want to lose my sleep!

boonebytes

Re: DND forward to voicemail?

Post by boonebytes » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:41 am

Sounds like a good idea to me! Bonus points if it can be a scheduled DND (ie. I aim to go to bed and wake up at the same time each day), and if you can whitelist some emergency calls (ie. contacts can bypass, maybe require calling twice in 5 minutes)

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:41 am

i like your idea to allow callers who call twice in five minutes to bypass the DND mode. :)
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:51 am

Cienega 32, you can purchase a voicemail waiting light that plugs into your house wiring if you don't want to go out to the garage every time to check. Mine cost about $25.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

netbloke

Post by netbloke » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:10 am

I would love to see a timed/scheduled DND.

Everything sent to voicemail , after a time I set, to a time I set. With a whitelist of numbers that can get through. Also a secondary voicemail script that cam be set differently to regular voicemail message.