Headset Jack on Future Handsets

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
dpierce
Headset Jack on Future Handsets

Post by dpierce » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:32 am

I like that the HD2's had a headset jack. I upgraded all but one handset to HD3's but had to keep one HD2 for the headset jack alone. Please add the headset jack back any future HD4 handset; if it's not to much trouble. The removal of the jack is the only thing I dislike about the HD3's. Thank you.

oomamaniacal

Re: Headset Jack on Future Handsets

Post by oomamaniacal » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:04 am

+1

I use Panasonic 2-line phones and they have headset jacks.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

dpierce

Post by dpierce » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:09 pm

Yes, I really hated giving up my Panasonic phones when going all Ooma for the Premier membership benifits. I looked at the 2-line Panasonic's after discovering I couldn't live without the headset jack, but figured I'd just keep one HD2 (with the jack) and save the money. If it weren't for the headset jack fiasco Ooma created for no good reason, I'd purchase yet another HD3. Ooma missed out on that $50, so I'm sure others have done the same. Panasonic systems with four phones for half the price of Ooma's is another sticking point of course. Anyway, thanks for the +1. I hope there are others who'll chime in here and get our next Ooma HD4 handset engineers\designers attention.

dpierce

Post by dpierce » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:41 pm

Still waiting for a Ooma handset with a headset jack. :x

mnemotronic

Post by mnemotronic » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:37 pm

+1 / Mod parent up. I need to have both hands on the computer while on a call. I'm in an environment where use of speakerphone is very much discouraged. Like "on your quarterly reviews" kinda discouraged.

dpierce

Post by dpierce » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:22 pm

:arrow: And yes, we are STILL waiting for any announcement for the possibility of a new HD4 with a headset jack. COME ON GUYS...what the heck. :x

snarbles

Post by snarbles » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:57 am

I think OOMA is really missing out on an untapped market here.
They need to make a simple HD4 handset that can easily pair with existing bluetooth headsets.
This would push land line technology into a more modern and usable technology, especially with the extreme WFH going on due to Covid-19.