suggestion: Telo w/speakerphone + wired handset

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
farnsworth
suggestion: Telo w/speakerphone + wired handset

Post by farnsworth » Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:41 pm

I see suggestions for Telo w/speakerphone (speaker, mic, keypad, ¢), and Telo w/speakerphone + DECT handset ($$), but I want to suggest Telo w/speakerphone (¢) + wired handset (speaker, mic, wire, connector, ¢).

I'm not a spendy person. I don't do subscription bells or whistles. I don't care about DECT. But what I WOULD spend additional money on is a Telo with both speakerphone and wired handset. I think my Telo2 cost me $80. Yet I would pay another whole $200 to replace it with a "Telo2+". Because adding an external handset + external speakerphone to my existing Telo2 would be an ugly space-wasting kluge of equipment and cables costing considerably more than it should, and I refuse.

Both capabilities are cheap. Neither require antennas, transcievers, FCC certs, processors, batteries, charger circiuts, or added power supply capacity. A buttonpad, 2 speakers, 2 mics, a connector, a cable, 2 plastic mold mods, a $0.05 tone gen/MUX chip, and 5 more minutes of assembly. In return for another $80 plus $120 of value-added per unit. Think about it....

Finally, when Verizon finally comes to rip the POTS "copper" twisted pair out of my mom's warm live hands (as they did mine), I would be vastly more inclined to introduce her to a Telo2+ than a Telo2. Because who needs yet another new @#$%^&! box with wires all over that doesn't do anything to justify its existence anywhere other than ducktaped onto the basement corner wall (like my Telo2). Just sayin'.