Daily schedule "do not disturb" with priority contact ring through override

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
dward51a
Daily schedule "do not disturb" with priority contact ring through override

Post by dward51a » Tue May 24, 2022 11:54 pm

Sure would be nice to set up a daily block of hours that "do not disturb" was automatically enabled and then disabled at a set ending time. If they could pair this with adding a priority flag to contact entries that would let a priority flagged contact ring through even if "do not disturb" was enabled would be perfect. There are some calls you want to take no matter what (ie, from spouse, children, parents, etc.... even if it's 3am).

If they don't want to do the daily block of hours, at least consider the DND priority flag for the contact list. That would be a huge help to most of us.

OhOoma

Re: Daily schedule "do not disturb" with priority contact ring through override

Post by OhOoma » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:51 pm

+1
I've been an Ooma customer for over a decade now and have had my Ooma hooked up to a Xmas timer all this time. If they had this feature, I'd go Premier in an instant.

Stelcom66

Post by Stelcom66 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:51 am

I asked for the scheduled DND feature several years ago, along with others. It would be an incentive to stay with the Premium service.

Bruins_Fan1970

Post by Bruins_Fan1970 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:25 am

A little necro-posting, as this thread was originally started almost a year ago... ;)

I am a new customer to Ooma and I actually got it for my elderly mother who is now in a care facility. The facility has phone outlets, but no service, as I'm sure it saves them money to not have local phone service since most residents/patients either have a cell phone or no longer have a need for a phone. The Ooma Telo Air is PERFECT for her needs!

Unfortunately, I am managing her system from 250 miles away, as I live elsewhere. Having a Do Not Disturb feature that could be activated/scheduled at certain times of the day/night and being able to do that REMOTELY through my Dashboard/features was one of the first things I thought of.

This would be a VERY nice feature to add to this system.