15% price increase from last month...

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
terryh
15% price increase from last month...

Post by terryh » Sat Apr 08, 2023 1:40 pm

Been with Ooma almost 15 years and service has been nearly perfect and even much better the last 5 years. However, if the next price increase is comparable to the one this month it will be cost effective to move to my internet provider for voip.

Thanks, it was a good run and no hard feelings.

andyross

Re: 15% price increase from last month...

Post by andyross » Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:39 am

Did you check the billing breakdown to see what changed? It could be local taxes or fees that jumped.

terryh

Post by terryh » Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:02 am

andyross wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:39 am
Did you check the billing breakdown to see what changed? It could be local taxes or fees that jumped.
My bills have always been only taxes and fees, which I assume, Ooma has no control over. My point being made by only monthly overall cost comparison to my IP.

Here's the newest fee... Ca Public Purpose Program Fee: $1.11
This $1.11 is supposed to replace up to 6 smaller charges, however my bill shows the smaller charges, it replaced, at about 20 cents. https://www.cpuc.ca.gov/industries-and- ... -user-fees

Robek

Post by Robek » Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:57 pm

There may be other benefits to getting internet and VOIP from the same provider, (such as integrated support), but if they end up charging the same amount that Ooma does, in increased taxes and fees for phone service, then how much more cost effective would it be?