Add CallerID feature to Alexa/Fire TV onscreen display

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
ClintPotts
Add CallerID feature to Alexa/Fire TV onscreen display

Post by ClintPotts » Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:37 am

A feature I have missed since giving up my landline integrated with Cox Cable is the Caller ID feature that would appear on my Smart TV. I understand that there would be barriers to displaying Caller ID on broadcast cable, but as there is already an Alexa/Fire skill available, I'd love to see Caller ID show while using my Fire TV device. As we spend more time streaming in the evening hours when both family and telemarketers are calling, being able to see the caller info on screen would be quite helpful. A feature similar to Ring.com announcing there is someone at my door and showing my camera, but this seems easier to achieve.

Thank you for your consideration.

Robek

Re: Add CallerID feature to Alexa/Fire TV onscreen display

Post by Robek » Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:35 pm

Alexa skills generally only work in one direction. Note the difference between "Alexa, ask Ooma to do this", and "Ooma, ask Alexa to do that". It would take more than just Ooma adding skills to Alexa. Amazon would probably have to update some software on their end, too.