New features to HUB

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
bhimaraju
New features to HUB

Post by bhimaraju » Sun May 11, 2008 8:11 am

I noticed hub is very hot and even heating up the wood where it was based.
Probably when they redesign they might consider to add clips at bottom to raise up like a clips for keaboard.
There is no doubt the hub and scout are so sleek and they did very good job but if they add clips then if people prefer they would use it othewise stays same as now.
Thanks
Raju

Clifftr

Re: New features to HUB

Post by Clifftr » Sat May 24, 2008 5:42 pm

Yes, the ooma hub & scout both get quite hot - the soulution I found to keep them cooler is to turn down the "Brightness Adjustment" dial (right side). The brighter the setting - the hotter they get . . .

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Tue May 27, 2008 9:44 am

Hi bhimaraju, thanks for the suggestion. The ooma Hub in my home is warm, but I wouldn't describe it has being very hot [comparable to my home router and cable modem]. Are the cooling vents on the back or the front of the ooma Hub blocked or obstructed in any way?

-Bobby
Bobby B

Joker

Post by Joker » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:07 am

Hi,

I was running my internet connection through my ooma box, and it was getting very hot. I turned down the tab light, and that helped a little. What I found worked more was to use an ethernet switcher. Now my computer and ooma box both run through that to my cable modem. A decent switcher can be about $30.