Pricing for Ooma Premier

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
hpepper
Re: Pricing for Ooma Premier

Post by hpepper » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:08 pm

dr150 wrote:
Dennis P wrote:We're extending the $99.99 pricing for existing Ooma Hub/Scout customers. The price in My Ooma has been updated to reflect this. More to come...
I ASSUME the YEAR 2 "tax" charge AND lack of voicemail (after expiry of Premier trial) DOESN'T apply for Costco.com Hub/Scout customers?.............(as per the retail box ad terms)......
Correct - Ooma is standing by the retail box terms.

MarkSly

Post by MarkSly » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:44 pm

southsound wrote:I agree 100%. Too bad that an awesome new product is overshadowed by changes in TOS that could have either been rolled out at a different time or made a part of the new product only. Ooma has received a lot of suggestions via this forum for features that could boost revenue and add value. Taking away what most people view as a basic feature was not a decision I'd want to take credit for. If you look at the active posts of the forum today things look really bad - and even worse is that Ooma has opened up the forum for non-owners so presales research will make people stay away from a company with so many negative comments. I wonder how the new customers of a hub will feel when they realize that not only is voicemail not a free option but that they cannot use their existing answering machine (most DECT 6.0 phones have them built-in) and use the remote retrieval feature since the hub will not pass incoming DTMF. :cry:
From what I've read on the forum, only the older hub & scout will not pass incoming DTMF. The new Telo hardware will (or will soon) allow incoming DTMF, so using a POTS answering machine should be possible.

Link:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2642&p=18823&hilit=DTMF#p22734

Leeway

Post by Leeway » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:26 pm

I see "mass confusion".

The more I read, the more confused I get :?

I also agree whole heartedly with those that have said the changes are all abrupt and all happened overnight. It causes anger and frustration. Marketing could have thought all of this out a little bit better.

southsound

Post by southsound » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:05 pm

MarkSly wrote:
southsound wrote:I wonder how the new customers of a hub will feel when they realize that not only is voicemail not a free option but that they cannot use their existing answering machine (most DECT 6.0 phones have them built-in) and use the remote retrieval feature since the hub will not pass incoming DTMF. :cry:
From what I've read on the forum, only the older hub & scout will not pass incoming DTMF. The new Telo hardware will (or will soon) allow incoming DTMF, so using a POTS answering machine should be possible.
Sorry I was unclear. The hub will remain with the same engineering constraints as it has today (or yesterday). No internal changes are planned as far as what has been released by ooma engineering. But the hub may be repackaged in a wrapper that does not offer voicemail as part of the free deal. Also remember that the statement you have quoted from me was written at a time when things were still in flux. I think there may still be further clarification coming. :cool:
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

timeshifter

Post by timeshifter » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:05 am

timeshifter wrote:Can anyone say "bait and switch"?

So I buy the ooma hub and scout combo back in August because I read that for $99 / year I can get Premier service. I install, activate and sign up and am give a 60 day free trial. Now the time comes and I want to pay the $99 I was told it was going to cost. "I'm sorry, your price is $119"!

I called the tech support number and they confirmed that there was no way to get it for $99.

That's downright wrong.

Yesterday I was a huge ooma fan. Now I think they're a bunch of scamming bastards. My work involves helping residential and small business users with their computers and other technology. I *will not* be recommending ooma to anyone I know.

I can forgive and be a fan again if they do the right thing and honor their original deal that was offered to me.
Thank you ooma, you've done the right thing. I was able to easily order Premier for $99 the other night.