PBX SYSTEM- PANASONIC

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
robinfell
PBX SYSTEM- PANASONIC

Post by robinfell » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:15 am

I wanted to let ALL know that OOMA does WORK with PBX. What is important is that if you have MOST LIKELY to lines that come into your hard phone... you will need to buy 2 OOMAS HUBS, hence 2 Oomas. The Ooma Router is not necessary. Perhaps Ooma can cell a PBX option whereby the Router is not included. Waste of money and resources to send one.

Ooma 1 for LINE 1- We signed up for the Premier Service. We ported our Home Number. Easy.
Ooma 2 for Line 2- You can make it standard Service or Premier at your discretion.

Note: All the Desk Phone features (ours is Panasonic KD-DT346) that come with your PBX will work, Flash, Opening up Gates on the system, Intercom system and the like.

If you are having an issue with your FLASH button, simply call an Ooma Technician and they WILL resolve that immediately and all was good.

Remember the OOMA HUB is tied into your system where you PBX is located. We have no Scouts anywhere in our home... simply our sophisticated Panasonic Phones that provide us the extra "bells and whistles" we like to have around our home.

We also purchased a third OOMA HUB specifically for our Fax machine as we don't like to co-mingle this with our house lines. Easy to do. Simply press *99 before dialing out a fax and voila, it works.

I do suggest Ooma to provide the option for incoming faxes to be routed to Personal Email! I think that would be a bonus and knock E-FAX out of the market. Currently, one would need a land line service to fax out and pay E-Fax to receive incoming faxes to computer. This could be all obviated with Ooma's technology!

southsound

Re: PBX SYSTEM- PANASONIC

Post by southsound » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:54 pm

Glad things are working for you and a hearty welcome to ooma and to the forum.

You might also be interested to know that some of our folks are using the scout with the hub to gain access to even more lines at a reasonalble cost. I know of one user who has configured two hubs and two scouts to provide a total of 4 CO lines to their PBX. Of course, in this configuration, both hubs need to have Premier service for the second line. The second line for each hub is assigned to the scout and the hub and its scout are connected via the wall ports of each using a short cord. Clean system with really great value. Note that this cannot be done with the new Telo unless you only use one line per Telo as there is no way to obtain a hard wire connection for the second line. :cool:
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

OomaWannaBe

Post by OomaWannaBe » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:58 pm

So, if I understand you right, for a 3 line system, I could use a Telos on 1 line and a hub and scout on the other 2 lines?

southsound

Post by southsound » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:47 pm

OomaWannaBe wrote:So, if I understand you right, for a 3 line system, I could use a Telos on 1 line and a hub and scout on the other 2 lines?
Yes - that will give you three distinct lines that equate to CO lines on the PBX. The hub will need Premier - on the Telo it is optional. The second line on the scout is assigned to the scout (not as a shared device). Hub and scout connect via a short cable between wall ports. Phone port on hub is line 1, phone port on scout is line 2. Telo could be line 3 - or mix them any way you like.
Lifetime Premier Member

OomaWannaBe

Post by OomaWannaBe » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:34 pm

Great! What about line hunting? Can the Ooma systems line hunt or support line hunting?

southsound

Post by southsound » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:24 am

OomaWannaBe wrote:Great! What about line hunting? Can the Ooma systems line hunt or support line hunting?
No, unfortunately they do not. Probably because they are designed to be a residential system and most would consider hunting to be a business feature. I imagine that when ooma brings out it's small business solution next year it will offer this feature, but it may be at a substantially higher price. I wonder if there might be a call management option (like GV but for business) that you could use as a front end to give you hunting? GV recognizes what line is active and will give you call waiting instead of ringing an additional device - just the oposite of what you want. :cool:
Lifetime Premier Member

OomaWannaBe

Post by OomaWannaBe » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:28 am

I just got one for the house. Interesting about the small business solution. Do you know any details? When in 2010? I can probably wait until then!

bagpipeswest

Post by bagpipeswest » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:46 pm

Looks like a great place to start.

I have a ooma telo, linx and a Panasonic kx-td308 and 6 panasonic digital phones (kx-t7431) I think. I just finished putting the system in last week. and 4 weeks ago I didn't even know how to wire a 2 wire phone. This also has knew cat5e through the house with ethernet cable beside it.

My kx-td308 has one phone jack rj11 on it. CO1 is inside T,R CO2 is on the outsides of CO1, and CO3 outside of them T3,T2,T1,R1,R2,R3 I'm only using the CO1 and CO2.

I have a ooma telo and a linx. they are right beside each other and tied in with a Y chord into the PBX. T1,R1 from the telo go into T1,R1 into the PBX and T1,R1 go into T2,R2 of the PRX T2(linx),T1(telo),R1(telo),R2(linx).

Before I got the linx, I plugged the telo into CO1 and when a call came in CO1 would light up. when I pluged the telo into CO2 and when a call came in CO2 would light up.

Question time.
Now when a call comes in, CO1 and CO2 lights up no-matter what number I call. I know my wiring is correct because I tested it.

Can this be fixed to have one number dedicated for CO1 and the other number for CO2?

Please give me the long winded answer , I need step by step instruction.

Cheers
BM

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:20 pm

bagpipeswest wrote:Looks like a great place to start.

I have a ooma telo, linx and a Panasonic kx-td308 and 6 panasonic digital phones (kx-t7431) I think. I just finished putting the system in last week. and 4 weeks ago I didn't even know how to wire a 2 wire phone. This also has knew cat5e through the house with ethernet cable beside it.

My kx-td308 has one phone jack rj11 on it. CO1 is inside T,R CO2 is on the outsides of CO1, and CO3 outside of them T3,T2,T1,R1,R2,R3 I'm only using the CO1 and CO2.

I have a ooma telo and a linx. they are right beside each other and tied in with a Y chord into the PBX. T1,R1 from the telo go into T1,R1 into the PBX and T1,R1 go into T2,R2 of the PRX T2(linx),T1(telo),R1(telo),R2(linx).

Before I got the linx, I plugged the telo into CO1 and when a call came in CO1 would light up. when I pluged the telo into CO2 and when a call came in CO2 would light up.

Question time.
Now when a call comes in, CO1 and CO2 lights up no-matter what number I call. I know my wiring is correct because I tested it.

Can this be fixed to have one number dedicated for CO1 and the other number for CO2?

Please give me the long winded answer , I need step by step instruction.

Cheers
BM
It sounds like you never created a private account on the My Ooma website for one of the phone numbers. Do you have two, separate logins for My Ooma? The Linx needs to be assigned to a My Ooma account that is separate from the Telo.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

bagpipeswest

Post by bagpipeswest » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:19 pm

wow. that work. Thanks sometimes it a bit hard to follow what one needs to get it up and going.

thanks again.