Removing credit card information

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
digs
Re: Removing credit card information

Post by digs » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:38 pm

I am a Premier member and for once tried the International package in Dec.'09 and had to feed the CC info. to process. I was later surprised to find an unauthorized charge from Ooma for $4.18. Despite calling and writing an email, there was no acknowledgment or explanation and I had to eventually dispute the charge with my CC company for a refund. Today, again I find an unauthorized charge of $5.89 and called Ooma's customer support line and was just put on hold for ever. I had to thus again call my CC company disputing this charge. I hope to get some inputs from Ooma rep. here as I consider to file complain with BBB on Ooma's recurring unauthorized charges. As suggested in this thread, I will call again in an attempt to remove my CC info. from Ooma's system for good.

southsound

Post by southsound » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:41 pm

You could also send a PM to one of the ooma moderators who frequent the forum. When you see the "ooma moderator" under a name like Bobby B or Ntoy, just click the little envelope to send a personal message. The moderators who are on the forum are really awesome and can take care of it in a heartbeat. We're glad you like your ooma system! Let us know how things work out.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

amoney

Post by amoney » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:50 pm

BBB will not do anything.

Abit all the warnings, I would remove my CC info. You can just put today as te experation date and the system should not be able to process. Then perhaps Ooma will contact you.
Comcast > Telo > WRT54G

digs

Post by digs » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:43 am

Thanks for your responses. Presumably, with the moderators frequenting the forums, I will look forward to their reply. Unless this third attempt (call, email, forum) to reach Ooma is futile, I will take time to send a PM as suggested. It is unfortunate that a potential long-time (premier) customer has to make as much efforts to resolve its legitimate concerns. BTW, I know BBB represents customer issues to a company and with Ooma taking pride in highlighting reviews at Amazon.com, along with awards won; customer grievances would eventually make an impact. I hope Ooma resolves any outstanding issues soon and get stronger with time to serve its customers well.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:13 pm

It looks like you're signed up for the International Bundle ($4.99/mo + USF) - I'll ask the support team to reach out to you to remove the package.
digs wrote:I am a Premier member and for once tried the International package in Dec.'09 and had to feed the CC info. to process. I was later surprised to find an unauthorized charge from Ooma for $4.18. Despite calling and writing an email, there was no acknowledgment or explanation and I had to eventually dispute the charge with my CC company for a refund. Today, again I find an unauthorized charge of $5.89 and called Ooma's customer support line and was just put on hold for ever.
Bobby B

digs

Post by digs » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:46 pm

Thanks, Bobby for the info. My query sent on Jan. 17th thru Ooma's internal email system was eventually replied after a month on Feb.18th. Probably, posting my concerns on the forums helped to expedite. The terms were finally clarified in the email from the sales team, as given under:

To review the way the international bundle is billed the 1st month regardless of the date of the month the charge is for 1 full month $4.99 and 500 minutes are allotted at that time. Approximately one - two days prior to the beginning of the 2nd month a charge is assessed for the prorated amount from the 1st month of service. Your minutes available to you will be topped off to equal 500 minutes at the beginning of the month. The 3rd month a charge is made for the 4.99 + the excise tax of 18%, a total of 5.89. The minutes are also topped off to equal 500 minutes again. The 5.89 charge will continue in this way until the bundle is canceled or the account is closed.
If you have any further questions, please send the sales team an email or telephone us at 866-452-6662 (Ooma).
Thank you for your interest in Ooma products and services.

Wish these same terms are emailed as an auto-acknowledgment to every new customer for international bundle to remove the curiosity and concerns. Also, wish there was an option online to withdraw from the international bundle, instead of calling the sales team, which understandably are quite busy attracting new customers. My request thru email to cancel the international bundle was not carried out for over two weeks, until I called to do so over the phone. Again, there was no confirmation given to my canceling the bundle, except for registering employee name. Hope, the company gets other support system in place, quickly. In return, a satisfied customer would assist the sales team by bringing more new customers, thru right publicity.