Save / Export Voicemail

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
kramerica
Save / Export Voicemail

Post by kramerica » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:46 pm

Mailbox in the lounge should have the ability to save/export the sound file of selected messages - a little Save button next to each would do the trick, and would be easy to implement.

I am new but it appears you can currently, with Premier, have your messages emailed to you and then save the attachments, but what if you want that for a message that is already in your mailbox? Or did I miss this feature somewhere?

Workaround is to play the message and record the audio using software on my computer, but a save/download button would be more convenient.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Re: Save / Export Voicemail

Post by Bobby B » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:19 am

Hi kramerica,

Right now, you can save your messages in the ooma Lounge, but the feature is not readily intuitive to use.

To save messages, right-click (please use Internet Explorer or Safari, as there is a bug with firefox 3.x) on the message in the Lounge and you'll have the option to download the message.

Thanks,
Bobby
Bobby B

kramerica

Post by kramerica » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:19 pm

Thank you, I will give it a try. (I thought I tried that earlier but I probably was using Camino, which likely suffers the same bug as Firefox.)

That is great information to know-Should be added to a FAQ somewhere if it is not there.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:08 pm

I think we're going to move the "save" and "mark as unread" actions from the right-click menu to the top of the voicemail screen as a small toolbar.
Bobby B