Ooma Telo Handset - Massive Fail

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
bw1
Re: Ooma Telo Handset - Massive Fail

Post by bw1 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:40 pm

I suspect he just returned the handsets, not the Telo itself.

jcarcopo

Re: Ooma Telo Handset - Massive Fail

Post by jcarcopo » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:36 pm

I'm on the fence waiting for firmware updates as I have nothing positive to say about the ooma telo handset.

Compared to my cheap $79 panasonic dect 6.0 which included 4 handsets I find no positive to owning the telo handset.

The batteries in the telo are $25-$40 overpriced customized nmhydride packs where as I can buy over the counter 1.2 volt nmmh batteries for $2-$4 for my panasonics.

Battery life on my panasonics lasts days with 2 1.2v batteries.

I have no idea how long the ooma telo last as the battery indicator is all over the map. It says my battery is about to die, I pull it out and put it back in and now it says its fully charged. Often the telo gains or loses a bar of battery strength during a call and coming off a call or making the backlight come on and go off.

The range on my panasonic is outstanding as I can walk over a city block to my club house and check the mail and still have a perfect call when the boost feature activates. My ooma telo is at one bar and static while in my house and unusable outside.

Call quality with the telo handset is awful, but on my panasonic is flawless unless ooma echo cancellation is not working on the call and I hear my own voice which is a classic unresolved issue with ooma.

My panasonic has a clear, bright, & bold display with great contrast. The telo sucks with hard to read display, horrible contrast, and unreadable fonts.

The panasonic announces the name of the person calling.

The panasonic bundle included 4 dect phones and an answering machine basestation for $75 and ooma telo handsets are $50 each and suck.

My biggest reason for wanting to return all 3 of my telo handsets is that I never reach for my telo when I make or take a call because the voice quality is crap.

Buzzes, hums, dropped out audio, complaints from people I talk to, skippy noisy voice quality is unacceptable,

OOMA - Congratulations you made your XMAS DEADLINE and LOST ME AS A CUSTOMER