Telo Handset Quality

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
bcarlson
Telo Handset Quality

Post by bcarlson » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:43 pm

The Telo handset needs a bump-up in quality. Here are my suggestions, order of importance:

1. Install a better quality speaker on for handsfree use. The existing one sounds very tinny. This is not a function of the VOIP sound-quality, because my other phones sounds much, much better using Ooma.
2. Give it a little heft. It feels lightweight and cheap. The edges of the plastic are to too sharp.
3. Put up/down volume arrows on the side, like an iPhone. It's a pain to have to access a several-step menu just to change volume.
4. The four-way directional button should have a center button for "ENTER".

I'd happily pay more for the handset, if you improved upon it.

Thanks for listening.

Brad

Groundhound

Re: Telo Handset Quality

Post by Groundhound » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:32 pm

Regarding No. 3 on your list, the up/down keys perform the volume function during a call without going through the menu.

allo

Re: Telo Handset Quality

Post by allo » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:25 pm

bcarlson wrote:The Telo handset needs a bump-up in quality. Here are my suggestions, order of importance:

1. Install a better quality speaker on for handsfree use. The existing one sounds very tinny. This is not a function of the VOIP sound-quality, because my other phones sounds much, much better using Ooma.
2. Give it a little heft. It feels lightweight and cheap. The edges of the plastic are to too sharp.
3. Put up/down volume arrows on the side, like an iPhone. It's a pain to have to access a several-step menu just to change volume.
4. The four-way directional button should have a center button for "ENTER".

I'd happily pay more for the handset, if you improved upon it.

Thanks for listening.

Brad

My suggestion would be to be able to match the Telo with well established 3rd party handsets (Motorola- Panasonic...); by using specific codes to communicate between the 2 (Telo - Any handset).
From the look of it, I don't think the current handset is going to be a money maker.
I don't think there will be that many willing to pay $50... let alone more as per your suggestion, considering that one can buy a solid handset for $20-25 each (when buying a set of 3 or 4).