Blacklist Actions by Category

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
MikeekiM
Blacklist Actions by Category

Post by MikeekiM » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:11 am

I want to be able to customize the action taken based on my blacklist category.

As an example, my blacklist numbers that are categorized as "personal" I want to send to voicemail. However, the blacklist numbers I have categorized as "telemarketers" I want to send them to a "number disconnected message".

I'd also like a new category added to the standard blacklist categories called "Charity Requests" (which is a bit different than telemarketers)...

Thanks for your consideration!
Customer Since: August 2009
Ooma Hardware: Ooma Telo (Original Legacy Hub/Scout Customer)
Ooma Service: Premier Lifetime (Since October 2009)

bw1

Re: Blacklist Actions by Category

Post by bw1 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:24 pm

That's an excellent idea!

I've seen other requests to allow you to make a choice for each individual entry.

Hopefully, we'll see something like this soon.

EricJRW

Re: Blacklist Actions by Category

Post by EricJRW » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:23 am

MikeekiM wrote:I want to be able to customize the action taken based on my blacklist category.

As an example, my blacklist numbers that are categorized as "personal" I want to send to voicemail. However, the blacklist numbers I have categorized as "telemarketers" I want to send them to a "number disconnected message".

I'd also like a new category added to the standard blacklist categories called "Charity Requests" (which is a bit different than telemarketers)...

Thanks for your consideration!
I was coming here to make this very same category request... Did a search first and low-and-behold, it's already here.

Also, while I do absolutely love the blacklist feature, i do think it needs at least one more layer... Action by category, or at least the addition of a "gray list" (basically people I always want to go to VM, not "number disconnected" as I do for most on my BL).
ooma hub with one scout (looking to add at least one more)
Premier Service (I was not expecting to do this, but I love the Premier features)
Panasonic KX-TG4024 (w/ 4 handsets)
Customer since November 2010
Internet access: FiOS 15/5