Please REMOVE "1" to answer multi-ring calls

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
Curious
Re: Please REMOVE "1" to answer multi-ring calls

Post by Curious » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:06 am

Please give an update on making "Press 1 to accept" an OPTION when answering a Multi-Ring call.

DTMF

Post by DTMF » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:35 am

This is truly a "Be careful what you wish for" proposition.

If the option were removed, it's possible that two or three voicemail systems could pick up an unanswered multiring call at the same time! The person who calls you and gets sent into that tangle of voicemail greetings is going to be awfully confused. Imagine that happening to your most important business client or your elderly grandmother. Then picture yourself having to decipher useful information out of 2 or 3 simultaneously recorded voicemail messages from those people. :o
Ooma customer since November 2009.
Formerly employed at another VoIP company.
My opinions are my own.

Curious

Post by Curious » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:41 am

How can you remove an option that does not exist? You have no choice but to press 1 to accept a multi-ring call. The whole point of this thread is a feature request to add an option under preferences, which can be set to require 1 to be pressed, or not require 1 to be pressed. Then each user can have it the way they want.

sfhub

Post by sfhub » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:51 am

DTMF wrote:This is truly a "Be careful what you wish for" proposition.

If the option were removed, it's possible that two or three voicemail systems could pick up an unanswered multiring call at the same time!
Not if you follow the simple algorithm of only connecting the first pickup and dropping the rest of the rings.

DTMF

Post by DTMF » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:52 am

Curious wrote:How can you remove an option that does not exist?
I shouldn't have said "option." I should have said "requirement." Happy now? ;)
My opinions are my own.

mmorrissette

Post by mmorrissette » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:23 am

Please count me as another supporter of adding this option. I love the concept of mult-ring, but the "press one" makes it very hard to use. If I did not want to answer the call, I would, you know, just not answer it! Any update on when this feature might be added?
Last edited by mmorrissette on Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goebdepot

Re: Please REMOVE "1" to answer forwarded calls

Post by goebdepot » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:40 pm

I reiterate "falcos" complaint. I forward ooma calls to my cell phone. When I'm in my car I use my bluetooth to receive calls from cell phone. The way ooma is set up it adds an additional step and you have to fumble with your cell phone while you are driving. Please, please, please devise a feature or option in which you receive forwarded calls without having to "press 1". Simple and elegant. Thanks

mercergirl

Post by mercergirl » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:59 am

Ditto for me. When I am handsfree mode, I want to be handsfree, not have to dig around for my phone to dial 1. Also, I use a lock code on my iPhone and it is impossible to get to the phone, enter the code and answer the call in time. Please don't make me miss my Vonage multi-ring behavior.

ilya235

Post by ilya235 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:42 pm

Had there been any progress with having the option in Ooma to removing having to press 1 on calls being forwarded?

I too am so frustrated with having to constantly rush to press 1 on my iphone to answer a call.

DTMF

Post by DTMF » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:14 am

sfhub wrote:
DTMF wrote:This is truly a "Be careful what you wish for" proposition.

If the option were removed, it's possible that two or three voicemail systems could pick up an unanswered multiring call at the same time!
Not if you follow the simple algorithm of only connecting the first pickup and dropping the rest of the rings.
Maybe the issue is that it's not such a "simple" algorithm?
My opinions are my own.