List with Yellow Pages

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
jmassimilla
Re: List with Yellow Pages

Post by jmassimilla » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:16 pm

WayneDsr wrote:I may be wrong, but I don't believe any voip providers list in any phone directories. Same for wireless.

Yes, and it's a good thing for me as well. There was a time I had to pay NOT to be listed!

Wayne

I was previously with Voicewing and Vonage. Both were voip and neither offered listings. My number is still listed in Switchboard, probably a throw back to the days of being with Verizon. And yes, Verizon would charge you extra to NOT be listed in their directory!
Customer since Feb 2009
2 Hub/Scout
1 Telo/Handset
Lifetime Premier Subscriber

dxt55

Post by dxt55 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:29 pm

Yup, I had to pay Verizon $1.50/mth just to not be listed...and you know it costs them nothing to do so. So switching to Ooma without directory listing is a welcome change.

Businesses, on the other hand, generally want to maintain directory listing. There are business SIP trunking VoIP providers that maintain directory listing, and Ooma did announce last year they were working on a business SIP trunking product of their own.

hpepper

Post by hpepper » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:57 am

WayneDsr wrote:I may be wrong, but I don't believe any voip providers list in any phone directories. Same for wireless.

Yes, and it's a good thing for me as well. There was a time I had to pay NOT to be listed!

Wayne
Yep - I remember that too Wayne. One of the MANY, MANY ways the phone companies tried to separate us from our money... I sure do love Ooma! :cool:

manwpc

Post by manwpc » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:09 pm

I was able to successfully list my business with www.yellowpages.com Expect a call from the ad rep, however, you can get a free listing even if you use Ooma exclusively as your landline. One word of advice is to keep your eyes open during the drill down. The rule of thumb is the larger the font, the link takes you to the place to buy advertising space, the smaller the font is the link for the free listing. Good luck.