Using contacts from the Telo handset

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
skymom
Re: Using contacts from the Telo handset

Post by skymom » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:14 am

Thanks for the heads up, it doesn't work for me yet. There's an update to the release notes for v35862 stating that it isn't working for all handsets yet, but it looks like I still have v34542 on my Telo and Telo handset at this point. Is there a way to "force" a firmware update, either for the Telo or the handset? Looking forward to having my contacts on the handset.
Ooma Telo, Telo Handset, Premier customer since March 2010.

bw1

Post by bw1 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:52 pm

skymom wrote: Is there a way to "force" a firmware update, either for the Telo or the handset? Looking forward to having my contacts on the handset.
It takes a few days for the new firmware to get out to everyone.

pbernard

Post by pbernard » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:27 pm

Contact sync works ! Hoooray !!
Peter Bernard
Ooma fan

MattyGit

Post by MattyGit » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:27 am

Contacts will not save an * (asterisk). Makes it impossible to save a number in my contacts with *82 as it's prefix. Does this work for anyone?

bw1

Post by bw1 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:49 pm

I had the same problem trying to save a number with a *67 prefix.

highq

Post by highq » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:07 pm

I wanted to add some commas to pause (allowing for the called number to pick up) followed by an extension number. Also not possible: only digits allowed.

I've been using computers since 1981 and there is NO GOOD REASON for this. The Federal government won't include the hyphen that is a part of my name in its Social Security records -- there's no good reason for that either. After the incompetents have thus restricted what various fields may contain, there follows a failure to conduct serious usability tests.

Maybe I'm a sub-par mouse user, but do any of you find it swifter to move one hand from the keyboard so as to use the rodent to scroll and click in the State field of a computer Name&Address form, compared to typing two letters?