OOMA has network problems with Canon Imageclass Printers

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
jamie985
OOMA has network problems with Canon Imageclass Printers

Post by jamie985 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:50 pm

I have had an ongoing problem for over 2 months. Support either drops the phone call (twice) or puts me on a never ending hold and doesn’t call back even though they have the phone number; VERY FRUSTRATING AND UNPROFESSIONAL!!!

Here is the issue. There is clearly a network protocol interference problem between the OOMA Telo and the Canon Imageclass MF8350CDN printer. This happens even with the fax line from the printer completely disconnected. I initially thought it was a power voltage drop issue, but the symptoms below prove it is a network interference issue and not a power issue.

INTERFERENCE BETWEEN TELO AND PRINTER; when a call comes in, there is a relay in the printer that audibly clicks. When the call is finished, there is another printer audible relay click. So there is interference/crosstalk between the OOMA Telo and the printer.

INTERFERENCE BETWEEN PRINTER AND THE TELO: When I print, the Telo sometimes goes into “do not disturb” mode. If I am on a call when I print, sometimes the ongoing call will go dead and the person calling in will be instantly directed to my voicemail (with voicemail message). So there is interference/crosstalk between the printer and the OOMA Telo.

Clearly, OOMA needs to do some work in their IP protocols; the more people who use Canon Imageclass printers along with OOMA will probably have this issue; support just doesn't seem to understand and they seem uninterested in addressing this issue. .

caseybea

Re: OOMA has network problems with Canon Imageclass Printers

Post by caseybea » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:34 pm

See other. And other other. And other other other posts, originated by you.

Please stop posting NEW threads for this same issue.
Ooma Hub customer since January 2010
Telo2 upgrade (hub retired) October 2016
Service Level: Core