Poor customer service!

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
kjoiner
Poor customer service!

Post by kjoiner » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:11 pm

Ooma Customer service = #fail#

Four phone calls and 2 days later not even an email back to say they are working on the problem. Let alone a phone call.

Another Suggestion, when you are talking to someone who actually knows what a MAC address is, trying to make it sound like it is a mystical complex process to update this in a sip server is fairly ridiculous!

I see why it is free *YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR*

cmmorley

Re: Poor customer service!

Post by cmmorley » Mon May 03, 2010 1:47 pm

I ordered ooma service on 4/25/2010 via the direct 800 number. The sales rep was friendly and helpful. That has been the only good experience with ooma.

I received my ooma base and handset on 04/30/2010. Upon receiving the package I followed all of the instructions and activated online. I immediately was provided my new phone number and etc. However, once I plugged in the Telo it would not power up. No lights...no blinking...no nothing. I immediately called tech support for assistance. After a long & annoying phone call and then a call back they finally decided I received a "dead on arrival" unit. I was told I would receive and email within the hour showing my tracking number for a replacement unit. Not thrilled it would take another 7-10 days to receive a replacement and actually make my first call.....I patiently waited for the email. I never did receive any such email.

Today 05/03 I called ooma again to check on the status of my replacement unit. I was told it had still not shipped and there was not a "tracking" number yet. Since it would take another 7-10 days whenever they decide to send me a new unit.....and no one could help or provide answers.....I decided to cancel ooma before dialing my first call.

To add insult to injury now they want me to pay shipping to return the "dead" unit!

I bet my shipping and tracking will surpass that of ooma!

In the meantime I plan to file a complaint with American Express since I cannot seem to get anyone at ooma willing to assist me. :(

So sad...I was ready to order premier service and etc. Heck...my free trail would have expired before I could get a dial tone.

Extremely disappointed.........

sfhub

Post by sfhub » Mon May 03, 2010 3:19 pm

Not sure if you've completely given up, but there's a chance the problem isn't with the Ooma box but rather the AC adapter no supplying power. This would be easy to verify by using a voltmeter on the power connector that plugs into Ooma. One lead on the outside and one on the inside.

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Mon May 03, 2010 3:42 pm

Hello,

Please send me a personal email with your mac address & I can work with you.
I noticed kjoiner has multiple accounts.

Thanks,
Norm