Voicemail notifications

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
Pepper
Voicemail notifications

Post by Pepper » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:52 pm

Around a month ago, I set up notifications for when I get messages on my Ooma phone number. I find I am now getting emails that inform when I have new messages, but they don't give me the name or number of the person who called or a link to hear the message. Is this something that will be improved? I think it's a great feature, but I believe it could stand improvement.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Re: Voicemail notifications

Post by Bobby B » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:13 pm

Hi Pepper, we just put in a change today to change the voicemail notification format to include a link to the Lounge, the caller/called number, and the duration of the message (helpful if you need to screen out those 1 or 2 sec messages). When you configure voicemail notifications in the Lounge, you should see message formatted like the following:
-----
Date: 25 Mar 2008 17:32:46 -0700
To: <test@oomanetworks.com>
Subject: New VM from 16505551234 (7 sec)

Listen via phone: 6505554321 then press *
Or online: https://www.ooma.com/lounge
-----

Pepper wrote:Around a month ago, I set up notifications for when I get messages on my Ooma phone number. I find I am now getting emails that inform when I have new messages, but they don't give me the name or number of the person who called or a link to hear the message. Is this something that will be improved? I think it's a great feature, but I believe it could stand improvement.
Bobby B

Pepper

Re: Voicemail notifications

Post by Pepper » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:21 pm

Wow, thanks for the good news. I'll try it out right away. Does this work with my RIM Curve?