Ooma Telo

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
baca008
Re: Ooma Telo

Post by baca008 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:56 pm

I cant wait. The scout doesnt really work in my house because we have a digital system, so we are using DECT cordless phones but I would love to be able to use all the great services that ooma offers but can't right now. I hope there would be some sort of discount but if not I completely understand. Business is business. But keep up the good work.

tjnamtiw

Post by tjnamtiw » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:28 am

baca008 wrote:I cant wait. The scout doesnt really work in my house because we have a digital system, so we are using DECT cordless phones but I would love to be able to use all the great services that ooma offers but can't right now. I hope there would be some sort of discount but if not I completely understand. Business is business. But keep up the good work.
You lost me on 'digital system'?? Make sure on the scout that you are plugging it DIRECTLY into the wall and NOT into the DSL dongle.

homli

Post by homli » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:40 pm

Will each Telo handset support a distinct incoming phone number, similar to a scout? Do the handsets (or base) support a headset--either wired or (ideally) bluetooth?

Let me know if you need a beta customer. :o)

bw1

Post by bw1 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:16 pm

Everything is better with bluetooth!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61a0qHFcQE4

greg0410

Post by greg0410 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:29 pm

Dennis P wrote:
WayneDsr wrote:Will we be able to upgrade to Telo at a discounted cost?

Wayne
There are no confirmed plans at the moment, but it is under consideration.
I would absolutely upgrade to the new Telo equipment if offered at a discount price. I just also want to say how much I enjoy the $8/month phone service that I am getting from Ooma.

bc3tech

Post by bc3tech » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:15 am

Well time's getting close! Just wondering if ooma can give us any more information?

Also I got to thinking due to my recent thread about DirecTV and getting Caller ID to show up on it when you have a DSL connection - I think having a Telo will essentially prohibit this as I'm finding I have to use a scout to get my DTV to pick up the caller ID from my ooma system - just something to think about if you're already an ooma customer considering upgrading.

So, Dennis P - any more hints you can give? :)

bw1

Post by bw1 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:10 am

bc3tech wrote:Well time's getting close! Just wondering if ooma can give us any more information?

Also I got to thinking due to my recent thread about DirecTV and getting Caller ID to show up on it when you have a DSL connection - I think having a Telo will essentially prohibit this as I'm finding I have to use a scout to get my DTV to pick up the caller ID from my ooma system - just something to think about if you're already an ooma customer considering upgrading.

So, Dennis P - any more hints you can give? :)

Groundhound has it working on his hub, so there's no reason that I can think of that it wouldn't work on the Telo if connected the same way.
Groundhound wrote: Caller ID
I have a DirecTv HR22 connected to the line1 circuit in my house, which in turn is fed from the phone port on my hub. The only reason I have it connected at all is for the caller ID feature of the HR22. If you do a bit of searching regarding this feature and the HR22, you will find that it is a common problem regardless of the phone company. Occasionally the HR22 stops displaying caller ID and the only fix is a red button reset, after which it begins to work again. I found this to be true before and after ooma. So if your HR22 is connected to your hub's phone port, a reset of the HR22 may be all that's needed.

andrewto27

Post by andrewto27 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:05 am

I just bought ooma yesterday (7/21) and tested it with my current home with DSL. I am very happy with the quality and will be using it in my new house after I move in a month. Please consider offering a discounted price for the Telo for existing ooma customers. I just bought it yesterday and Tela seems to work more conveniently for my setup.
Thanks and I can't wait to use ooma at my new house.

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:46 pm

And let me be the first to welcome you to the ooma forums!

Wayne

mk11

Post by mk11 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:05 am

Do the Telo handsets have a speaker function? That is mandatory for me. With my current Ooma system, I use Uniden expandable cordless phones and they have a terrific speaker. I always use it and do not want to go back to holding the phone to my ear constantly.