iPhone app cost

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
southsound
Re: iPhone app cost

Post by southsound » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:48 pm

BlueiPhone wrote:I was wondering if I do not use all my 250 minutes per month ... Do they roll forward??
Please tell me that they do.... AT&T keeps the roll over minutes for up to 1 year... Please...??? :D

Are the 250 minutes per month from 1st thru the end of the month?? :|

Thank you...

BlueiPhone
According to one of the moderators, they do not. The 250 free minutes renew the first of each month. But at 1.9 cents per minute, it really is still a lot cheaper than any cell plan I've seen.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

FreePhone

Post by FreePhone » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:17 pm

southsound wrote:That is not the case any longer. In an earlier post, Bobby B said they were trying to find a way to add a small balance when you enable the app. They have now done so. You would do well to read the posts made by the moerators - they can be very informative.
Yes but the app still costs $10.

You know Southsound, when I first started posting on this forum you were very helpful to me, but lately you have gotten very condescending towards me. What is your beef anyway?

focuspuller

Post by focuspuller » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:07 am

I might be missing something here.

I don't have or want one of these SUPER PHONES.

I have a regular cell phone and make all the calls I want to US numbers for free. No APPS, NO MINUTES, NO WI-FI.

So can someone clarify what this is about.

Thanks,
Focus
One if by Land
Two if by Sea
Three if by Limo

bw1

Post by bw1 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:05 am

focuspuller wrote: I have a regular cell phone and make all the calls I want to US numbers for free. No APPS, NO MINUTES, NO WI-FI.
For free?!? Where do I sign up!?!

focuspuller

Post by focuspuller » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:08 am

The CALLS not the service.
One if by Land
Two if by Sea
Three if by Limo

bw1

Post by bw1 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:22 am

focuspuller wrote:The CALLS not the service.
So you're paying a monthly service fee to make free calls, therefore the calls aren't really free.

If someone has the iPhone app and an iPhone or iPod Touch and available Wifi, then they can make calls for under 2 cents per minute and reduce or eliminate the need for cell phone service.

It all depends on someone's situation and needs/wants.

focuspuller

Post by focuspuller » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:33 am

bw1 wrote:
focuspuller wrote:The CALLS not the service.
So you're paying a monthly service fee to make free calls, therefore the calls aren't really free.

If someone has the iPhone app and an iPhone or iPod Touch and available Wifi, then they can make calls for under 2 cents per minute and reduce or eliminate the need for cell phone service.

It all depends on someone's situation and needs/wants.

Like I said first "I might be missing something here............So can someone clarify what this is about."

So you pay for an IPHONE with service so you can make free calls from a place that has WI-FI.

The IPOD I could see the value....Just keep looking for WI-FI hot-spots to make a free call that you could make on the cell phone you probably have anyway. Makes sense to me ;)

International calls are another issue and I see the value.
One if by Land
Two if by Sea
Three if by Limo

bw1

Post by bw1 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:32 am

Who says you have to have service on the iPhone.

I think most people don't realize they're paying $50 - $60 per month for the privilege of carrying a cell phone around to "make free calls". The calls aren't free.

Like I said it depends on someone's situation and wants/needs. Someone might be able to reduce their cell phone service by $20 per month by switching to a plan with fewer minutes and then use the iPhone app to "make up the difference".

southsound

Post by southsound » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:10 am

FreePhone wrote: You know Southsound, when I first started posting on this forum you were very helpful to me, but lately you have gotten very condescending towards me. What is your beef anyway?
Sorry, you're still my bud. :P

I was just wondering if you missed Bobby B's note that ooma was funding the account to make the app work. That is what pushed me over the edge because I don't make International calls and in this economy, even $10 is dear. And if you remember, my comment that could be considered condescending was, 'May I very politely say, "DUH"'. It was just a way of saying, yes, this is obvious. I'll try to be a little better in the future. I really don't want to offend anyone. (Well, maybe that is a little too general. There is one bloke on the forum these last few days that makes me want to cross that line.)
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

FreePhone

Post by FreePhone » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:09 pm

Southsound,

Glad you're still my bud. But I still think $10 for the Ooma app is way to much.