Adding Phone Number

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
t4feb
Adding Phone Number

Post by t4feb » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:19 am

I was wondering if there is a way to delete a number that was added on the hub. I have added a number that is shared and it is a different area code and when going into the lounge I don't see any way of removing the number once you put it in. Is this something that may be added at a later date or our we stuck with numbers we no longer need or want. Thanks in advance for advice or help on this matter.
Terry

murphy

Re: Adding Phone Number

Post by murphy » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:23 am

If you didn't purchase Premier, it will go away when your 60 day trial expires.
Otherwise you will have to call support to have it removed.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

t4feb

Post by t4feb » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:37 am

I did purchase Premier but still can not find a way to remove an added number. Thanks for the fast reply
Terry

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Post by Dennis P » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:32 am

Currently there is no way to delete numbers from the web. A customer service agent can help you with that (or just tell me the last 4 digits of the number and I'll do it). The reason why we haven't added this capability is that we wanted to discourage people from experimenting with different phone numbers. There's a cost to provisioning a number and setting the caller name, and we can't afford to do that especially during the trial period.

t4feb

Post by t4feb » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:35 am

Thanks Dennis for the reply and info. When and if I do decide to get rid of the number I will get a hold of support. I was just wondering if that would be an option in the lounge one day. Thanks again for your help and now I do understand.
Terry

murphy

Post by murphy » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:06 pm

Dennis P wrote:There's a cost to provisioning a number and setting the caller name, and we can't afford to do that especially during the trial period.
Does that explain why after a month of trying to get it fixed my second number still says OOMA, INC. instead of my name? Are you waiting until my 60 day free trial expires in spite of the fact that I have paid for Premier for a year in advance? The temporary number had my name in a couple of days and my ported number had my name in a couple of days.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx