My Suggestion = New Telo handset

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
southsound
Re: My Suggestion = New Telo handset

Post by southsound » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:34 pm

Nat Ray wrote:Please correct me, if I am wrong . . .

Is it fair to say, I am wasting my money subscribing to Premier if I don’t anti up for the inferior Telo Handset :?

Best regards,
Nat Ray
It is an interesting part of what humans are made of - what appeals to some will disgust others. Why not pick up a Telo handset from a company like BestBuy that has a liberal return policy. Then, if you really don't like it, you can just return it before the return period is up. My guess is that if you load your system with your contacts and give it a good go, you will want to keep it. Like I said, it grows on you. Some of us were looking for issues and boy howdy - we did find them with the original firmware and our mis-set expectations. But you may love the silly little thing. I know that I would not give mine back after using it for a few months.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

ajw522

Post by ajw522 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:25 am

I think they should come out with a Telo Handset with a phone jack on the charger base. So, you could plug in something else and use the same line as the Telo Handset.
Customer since August 2009
Hardware: Core Telo w/ HD2 Handset;2 ooma Hubs
Lifetime Premier Subscription
iPhone 7 Plus w/Ooma Mobile App
Internet: AT&T U-Verse 50Mbps

JasonV

Post by JasonV » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:31 am

As Southsound said, pick up the unit at Best Buy and try it. Premier isn't just for the second line feauture. The call blocking (blacklist) I use a lot, stored call log (I need that) and voice mail with email notification that I link into Outlook Contact. But the main reason is for sure the additional line (I ported 2 phone #). You can pick up the unit and give it a try and subscribe to the 60 day free premier trial. Judge for yourself.

Nat Ray

Post by Nat Ray » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:33 am

Thanks Gents . . .

I am on my way to Best Buy :cool:

Best regards,
Nat Ray
Cox Communications > Motorola SB5120 > Netgear RangeMax WNDR3700 > Telo / Cisco Catalyst 2924 XL
Telo Handset / Panasonic KX-TG6445 + 7 other handsets = 12
3 Desktops / 4 Laptops / XBOX360 / Wii

QoS managed by router via Ethernet port . . .