Headset jack on hand held

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
gjwhitehorn
Re: Headset jack on hand held

Post by gjwhitehorn » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:39 pm

lbmofo wrote:I bought one of these AT&T EH500 Over-the-Ear Headset from eBay for $10. No good. It is a POS. Volume heard by the other party is low and staticky; on my end, the volume is too low to be usable. The build quality is much like a happy meal toy.
AT&T EH500.jpg
[/size]
HAH! I bought one of those too, a while back, altho mine was from Walmart and it was not worth the $15 I paid. Yes, the build quality is terrible: mine had a nasty, uncomfortable plastic edge on the part that was supposed to stick in my ear, so I've tried to sand it down, but I just can't get it right. But even without that problem, it's still junk.
Never expected to see someone else with it, I guess.

mpatrick14

Post by mpatrick14 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:05 pm

southsound wrote:The PHONE port on the Telo (and also on the hub) emulates your standard telephone company line. In other words, you can use the PHONE port to power all the other jacks in the house, as long as you have severed the connection to the phone company at the Network Interface Box. This gets a tad more complicated if you have DSL, but there are many posts on the forum that can address the issue. Search for Distribution.

If your only need is to use both your multi-phone cordless base and the Plantronics, just stop by a dollar store or Home Depot, Lowes, or Radio Shack and pick up a single line phone splitter. That will allow you to plug both devices into the PHONE jack on the Telo. Nothing should be connected to the WALL jack as that is used for landline integration (can you say bad idea) only.

Southsound - I just wanted to say thank you for the information. I had no idea you could use the phone port to tap into your home's phone jacks, and that has made my life soooo much easier! Because of that, I was able to finally port my main number from the cable company's 30 buck a month VOIP with no free long distance. Also, I picked up the Plantronics CT14, and it is AMAZING!!!!! One of the flaws I found with the Telo handset is the speakerphone output is on the back, and the maximum volume is VERY low. I could not hear a thing unless I was hunched over it. I wish I had this CT14 years ago!!! I spend a good 4-6 hours a day on conference calls, and I am finally free to walk around! Thanks again for the help.

southsound

Post by southsound » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:53 pm

mpatrick14 - So glad to hear it is working well for you. I feel the same about my CT-12 (2.4ghz version) and I'm just waiting for it to die so I can upgrade to the CT-14 DECT 6.0 version.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

bukzin

phone splitter

Post by bukzin » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:51 am

Did you mean to say a basic splitter (Y cord)
or one of the Radio Shack adaptors that has one input (male) and 3 outputs (female)

Those are labeled L1, L2 and L1+2. With one of these you can access either phone number
in a wall jack that is wired for two phone numbers. Your wall jack (like a RJ 11) has
to be wired for two phone numbers of course.
Ooma Telo
box part # 110-0102-310
Premier service

no Telo handset (yet)