Distinctive Ring (for fax)

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
MadCityGuy
Distinctive Ring (for fax)

Post by MadCityGuy » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:14 pm

With my land line I have two phone numbers. The first has a standard ring (and caller-id and voicemail, etc). The second number has none of these features but it has a distinctive ring (double-ring) which is recognized by my fax machine. I would REALLY like it if Ooma would provide this same kind of second-number-on-the-same-line service that I can get from the phone company. Obviously I think this should be either included with the basic service or available for a one-time fee since this does not involve any extra equipment or other recurring service costs for Ooma; this should require some fairly straightforward programming.

darlinsk

Re: Distinctive Ring (for fax)

Post by darlinsk » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:50 am

This functionality is available in the premier package, which new users get as a 60-day complimentary trial. I installed my Ooma system yesterday, and set up a 2nd line in the Lounge Preferences/Phone Numbers section. I configured that number for a double ring, and my fax picked it up on the first ring. Bingo!